○ When installing cutter holder cap (20), be sure to set concave
○ Insert the alien wrench (19) into the hole of the angle
transmission in order to lock the cutter holder (21). Please note
that the cutter ﬁ xing bolt or nut (22) has left-handed threads,
(clockwise to loosen/ counter-clockwise to tighten). Tighten the
ﬁ xing bolt or nut with the box wrench.
○ If your unit is of a nut securing type and equipped with a cotter
pin, the blade must be retained with a new pin (23) each time
installed. (Fig. 18)
○ Before operation, make sure the blade has been properly
○ If your unit is equipped with protection cover under a cutting blade,
check it for wear or cracks before operation. If any damage or wear
is found, replace it, as it is an article of consumption.
For Hitachi heads, use only ﬂ exible, non-metallic line
recommended by the manufacturer. Never use wire or wire
ropes. They can break oﬀ and become a dangerous projectile.
Fuel (Fig. 19)
○ The trimmer is equipped with a two-stroke engine. Always run
the engine on fuel, which is mixed with oil.
Provide good ventilation, when fueling or handling fuel.
○ Fuel contains highly ﬂ ammable and it is possible to get the
serious personal injury when inhaling or spilling on your body.
Always pay attention when handling fuel. Always have good
ventilation when handling fuel inside building.
○ Always use branded 89 octane unleaded gasoline.
○ Use genuine two-cycle oil or use a mix between 25:1 to 50:1,
please consult the oil bottle for the ratio or Hitachi dealer.
○ If genuine oil is not available, use an anti-oxidant added quality
oil expressly labeled for air-cooled 2-cycle engine use (JASO
FC GRADE OIL or ISO EGC GRADE). Do not use BIA or TCW
(2-stroke water-cooling type) mixed oil.
○ Never use multi-grade oil (10 W/30) or waste oil.
○ Always mix fuel and oil in a separate clean container.
Always start by ﬁ ling half the amount of fuel, which is to be used.
Then add the whole amount of oil. Mix (shake) the fuel mixture. Add
the remaining amount of fuel.
Mix (shake) the fuel-mix thoroughly before ﬁ lling the fuel tank.
○ Always shut oﬀ the engine before refueling.
○ Slowly open the fuel tank, when ﬁ lling up with fuel, so that
possible over-pressure disappears.
○ Tighten the fuel cap carefully, after fueling.
○ Always move the trimmer at least 3 m from the fueling area
○ Always wash any spilled fuel from clothing immediately with soap.
○ Be sure to check for any fuel leakage after refueling.
Before fueling, clean the tank cap area carefully, to ensure that
no dirt falls into the tank. Make sure that the fuel is well mixed by
shaking the container, before fueling.
Before starting, make sure the cutting attachment does not
Set ignition switch (24) to ON position. (Fig. 20)
* Push priming bulb (25) several times so that fuel ﬂ ows through
return pipe (39). (Fig. 21)
2. Set choke lever (27) to CLOSED position (A). (Fig. 22)