Read these simple guidelines. Breaking the rules may be dangerous or illegal. Further detailed information is given in this manual. QUALIFIED SERVICE Only qualified personnel may install or repair the Nokia Image Frame equipment. CONNECTING TO OTHER DEVICES When connecting to any other device, read its user's guide for detailed safety instructions.
You can connect the Nokia Image Frame to the devices using its infrared (IR) port. You can place the Nokia Image Frame on a table and view the images either one-by-one or as a slide show. The Nokia Image Frame comes supplied with three pre-loaded images, and you can conveniently add new images from a compatible device and delete old images.
The Nokia Image Frame converts all the received images to JPEG format with the 320x240 pixel resolution. If the resolution of the received image differs from this resolution, the Nokia Image Frame scales the image so that it fits optimally on the display.
1. Overview The Nokia Image Frame has the following main parts: 1. Display 2. Infrared (IR) port 3. Control keys 4. Table support You can use the Nokia Image Frame through the control keys on top of the device. The control keys are: 1.
Indicators on the display This indicator shows that the image has been marked for viewing. The memory in the Nokia Image Frame is full, 50 images are stored in the Nokia Image Frame. If the memory becomes full in the middle of image transfer, the rest of the images are discarded.
Confirms that the images have been successfully received or sent (the receiving device has confirmed the images as received). The image is not supported by the Nokia Image Frame. It is, for example, too large or not in the compatible format.
3. Using the Nokia Image Frame ■ Viewing the images If there is only one image in the Nokia Image Frame, it is displayed when you switch on the power. If there is more than one image in the Nokia Image Frame, you can set the Nokia Image Frame to show just one image, or several images in rotation as a slide show.
3. If you want to be able to view an image, mark it by pressing briefly while the image is displayed. The Nokia Image Frame displays the icon for all marked images. If you want to unmark an image, press briefly while the marked image is displayed.
90 clockwise. The Nokia Image Frame stores the orientation of the image, and the next time the Nokia Image Frame displays the image, it uses the new orientation. ■ Switching the screensaver on and off You can activate the screensaver, if you want to turn off the display without turning off the device.
IR, you can send the selected images from the device while the Nokia Image Frame is in the passive IR reception mode. If image sending cannot be activated from the sending device, the Nokia Image Frame can pull all the images from the sending device’s default image folder using...
Receiving images over IR: 1. If you want the images in the Nokia Image Frame to be in a certain order, press briefly to scroll to the image after which you want to store the new images. 2. Direct the IR ports of the Nokia Image Frame and the compatible sending device toward each other, and ensure that there are no obstructions between the devices.
1. If you want the images in the Nokia Image Frame to be in a certain order, press briefly to scroll to the image after which you want to store the new images. 2. Direct the IR ports of the Nokia Image Frame and the compatible image source device toward each other, and ensure that there are no obstructions between the devices.
• Keep the Nokia Image Frame dry. Precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or moisture can contain minerals that will corrode electronic circuits. • Do not use or store the Nokia Image Frame in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts can be damaged.