Read this user guide and the safety precautions carefully
before use. Explain their content and the potential
hazards associated with using the telephone to your
Only use the mains adapter supplied.
Fit only the recommended, rechargeable
battery type or non-rechargeable batteries as
this could result in significant health risks and
The operation of medical appliances may be
affected. Be aware of the technical conditions in
your particular environment, e.g. doctor's sur-
Do not hold the rear of the handset to your ear
when it is ringing. Otherwise you risk serious
and permanent damage to your hearing.
The handset may cause an unpleasant hum-
ming noise in hearing aids.
Do not install the phone in a bathroom or
shower room. The phone is not splashproof.
Do not use your phone in environments with a
potential explosion hazard, e.g. paint shops.
If you give your Gigaset to someone else, make
sure you also give them the user guide.
Batteries should not be disposed of in general
household waste. Observe the local waste dis-
posal regulations, details of which can be
obtained from your local authority or the dealer
you purchased the product from.
All electrical and electronic equipment must be
disposed of separately from general household
waste using the sites designated by local
If a product displays this symbol of a crossed-out
rubbish bin, the product is subject to European
The appropriate disposal and separate collec-
tion of used equipment serve to prevent poten-
tial harm to the environment and to health.
They are a precondition for the re-use and recy-
cling of used electrical and electronic equip-
For further information on disposing of your
used equipment, please contact your local
authority, your refuse collection service or the
dealer you purchased the product from.
Emergency numbers cannot be dialled if the keypad lock
page 1) is activated!
Not all of the functions described in this user guide are
available in all countries.
page 9), i.e. never use any other
Wipe the charging cradle and the handset with a
damp cloth (do not use solvent) or an antistatic
cloth. Never use a dry cloth. This can cause static.
Contact with liquid
If the handset should come into contact with liq-
Switch the handset off and remove the bat-
Allow the liquid to drain from the handset.
Pat all parts dry, then place the handset with
the battery compartment open and the keypad
facing down in a dry, warm place for at least
72 hours (not in a microwave, oven etc.).
Do not switch on the handset again until it is
When it has fully dried out, you will normally be
able to use it again.