To avoid the risks of accidents and personal injuries:
• Always check to ensure that the appliance is in a serviceable condition
before taking it into use. If there is recognisable damage to the appliance
it may not be used. Arrange for it to be safety-checked by Customers
Services before using it again.
• Take steps to ensure that hair, loose clothing and parts of the body do
not come into contact with the revolving grindstone
• Wear protective gloves so as to avoid injury from sharp blades, or, if you
are operating the knife sharpener with the function cap
• This appliance is not intended for use by individuals (including children)
with restricted physical, physiological or intellectual abilities or deficiences
in experience and/or knowledge unless they are supervised by a person
responsible for their safety or receive from this person instruction in how the
appliance is to be used. Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• Check that all items listed are available and that they show no signs of
• Remove all parts from the packaging and all packaging remnants from
• Retain the packaging, either for storing the appliance or for reuse in the
event of posting it to Customer Services for repair.
• Before the first usage thoroughly clean all component parts as described
in the section "Cleaning and care".
- 6 -