1. Do not use an extension cord or double adapter.
• The appliance is fitted with transit bolts to prevent internal
2. Have damaged supply cords replaced by the manufacturer or its service agents or a similarly qualified person
damage during transport. Be careful, heavy load!
to prevent danger.
3. Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use.
• Packing and all transit bolts must be removed before using
4. Connect the machine to an earthed socket in accordance with current wiring regulations.
the washing machine.
5. The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is easily accessible.
• Repairs to the washing machine must only be carried out by qualified personnel. Repairs carried out by inexpe-
• When unpacking the base, be sure to remove the additional
rienced persons may cause injury or serious malfunctioning. Contact your local service centre.
packing support in the middle of the base packing.
• Do not install your washing machine in rooms where temperature below freezing may occur. Frozen hoses may burst
under pressure. The electronic control unit may become unreliable at temperatures below freezing point.
• If the appliance is delivered in the winter months and temperatures are below freezing: Leave the washing machine
Store original packing for future move.
standing at room temperature for a few hours before putting it into operation.
Dispose of packing material according to local regulations.
The appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
Young Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with appliance.
To prevent internal dama-
Remove the 4 bolts
ge during transport, the
along with the rubber
special 4 bolts are locked.
bungs by slightly
If they are not removed, it
twisting the bung.
Connecting water supply hose
may cause heavy vibrati-
on, noise and machine to
The hose supplied with the machine must be used. Old hoses may not be reused
Close the holes with
Unscrew the 4 bolts
using the spanner
the caps supplied.
Keep the 4 bolts and the spanner for the future use. Refit transit bolts before transporting the appliance.
Requirements for installation site
• Two rubber seals are supplied with the water inlet hoses. They are used for preventing water leaks.
• Make sure the connection to taps is tight enough.
• Periodically check the condition of the hose and replace the hose if necessary.
Level floor: Permissible floor gradient under entire washing machine
is 1˚ .
• Make sure that there is no kink on the hose and that it is not crushed.
Power socket: Must be within 100 cm of either side of location of
If after completing connection water leaks from the hose, repeat the same steps. Use the most conventional
washing machine. Do not overload the socket with more than one
type of tap for water supply. In case the faucet is square or too big, remove the spacing ring before inserting
the tap into the adaptor.
Additional Clearance: For wall, floor and door space is needed.
(10cm: rear / 2cm:right & left side). Do not place or store laundry pro-
ducts on top of the washing machine at any times. They can damage
the finish or controls of the machine.
Installation of drain hose
Water supply pressure must be between 1.0-10 bar (100kPa~1000kPa)
Don't strip or crossthread when connecting inlet hose to the valve.
• The drain hose should not be placed higher than 100 cm above the floor.
If the water supply pressure is more than 1000kPa, a decompression
• Proper securing of the drain hose will protect the floor from damage due to any water leakage.
device should be installed.
• If the drain hose is too long do not force back into the washing machine. This will cause unusual noise.
• Proper level-adjustment of the washing ma-
chine prevents excessive noise and vibration.
Install the appliance on a solid and level floor
surface, preferably in a corner of the room.
• If the floor is uneven, adjust feet as required.
(Do not insert pieces of wood etc. under the
feet). Make sure that all four feet are stable
and resting on the floor. Then check that
the appliance is perfectly level. (Use a spirit
Safety instructions for use
Safety instuctions for the installation
Read all instructions and explanations of the installation before use. Follow the instructions carefully. Keep the ope-
Install or store appliance where it will not be exposed to sub-zero temperatures or exposed to the weather. Fit ground of the
rating instructions handy for later use. If the appliance is sold or passed on then ensure that the new owner always
washing machine correctly to conform with all statutory regulations and ordinances. Ensure that the base opening is free from
receives these operating instructions. The following warnings must be strictly observed for safety reasons. They must
obstruction by carpeting if the washing machine is installed on a carpeted floor. In countries where there is a risk of cockroach
infestation or other vermin, pay particular attention to keep the appliance and its surroundings in a clean condition at all times.
be read before installing the appliance and putting it into operation.
Any damage which may be caused by cockroaches or other vermin is not covered by the appliance guarantee.
• Intended use: This appliance has been designed exclusively for use in dry-interior households. Use the appliance
only with cold drinking water and only for washing textiles with washing detergents designed for washing machi-
CAUTION about positioning the appliance
nes. Every other use is improper and may lead to injuries, whereby the liability of the manufacturer will cease.
Install the washing machine on a flat hard floor. Make sure that air circulation around the washing machine is
• This appliance may only be used by adults. Do not allow children to touch the controls or to play with the product.
not impeded by carpets, rug etc.
• Never modify the appliance on your own, as this is dangerous.
• Never try to correct any unevenness in the floor using pieces of wood, cardboard or similar materials under the washing machine.
• This appliance is heavy. Transporting with care.
• If it is not possible to position the washing machine away from a gas cooker or coal burning stove, an insulation panel
• Remove all packaging and transport bolts before using the appliance. Otherwise serious damage may result.
(85x60cm) covered with aluminum foil on the side facing the cooker or stove, must be inserted between the two appliances.
• All installation work must be carried out by a qualified fitter or technician.
• The washing machine must not be installed in rooms where the temperature may drop below 0°C.
• Have electrical connections done by a qualified electrician.
• Please ensure that when the washing machine is installed an engineer can gain easy access in the event of a breakdown.
• Never place the appliance on the power cord.
• Adjust all four feet using the transit bolt spanner provided to ensure that the appliance is stable, with 20mm clearnace between
• If the appliance is placed on a carpet then place the feet so that air can circulate underneath the appliance.
the top of the washing machine and underside of the worktop.
• Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use. Disconnect appliance by pulling only the plug
- never disconnect by pulling the power cord. Never touch the plug with wet fingers or hands.
CAUTION about the power cord
• Do not overload the appliance.
We recommend connecting most appliances to a dedicated circuit. That is, a single outlet supplying power only to the appliance
• Wash only machine-washable textiles. If you have doubts regarding this, then observe the markings on the label.
concerned, without any additional outlets or branch circuits. Check the specifications of this owner's manual. Do not overload
• Never place electrical heaters, candles etc. in the vicinity of the appliance. They could cause the appliance to
wall sockets. Overloaded wall sockets, loose or damaged wall sockets or extension cords, frayed power cords, damaged or
ignite or parts to warp.
cracked wire insulation are dangerous. Any of these conditions could result in electric shock or fire. Periodically examine the
• Protect the appliance from wet and damp. Otherwise, there is danger of electric shock and fire.
cord of your appliance, and if its appearance indicates damage or deterioration, unplug it, discontinue use of the appliance,
• Connect the appliance to a suitable wall socket for 220V. Never use an extension cord or double adapter.
and have the cord replaced with an exact replacement part by an authorized servicer. Protect the power cord from physical or
• Empty all pockets. Hard or sharp objects such as coins, needles, nails, screws or stones may cause serious
mechanical abuse, such as being twisted, kinked, pinched, squashed in a jamb of a door, or walked upon. Pay particular atten-
tion to plugs, wall outlets, and the point where the cord exits the appliance. We recommend to use a residual current operated
Unbalanced mass may create heavy vibrations. If heavy vibrations remain also without load, call for an authorized
device in the mains supply.
• Do not wash or dry articles that have been cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or dabbed with combustible or
CAUTION about location and moving
explosive substances (such as wax, oil, paint, gasoline, degreasers, dry-cleaning solvents, kerosene, etc.). This
This equipment is not designed for maritime use or for use mobile installations such as caravans, aircraft etc. Turn off the stop-
may result in fire or explosion.
cock if the machine is to be left for any length of time (e.g. if you are going on holiday), especially if there is no floor drain (gully)
• Never insert products coated with mineral oils (e.g. nylon coating, plastic belts, etc. ) into the machine. If a stain
in the immediate vicinity. If relocating the appliance use the original packing material. Disable the door lock to prevent young
remover has been used then make sure that the solvent has been carefully washed out before inserting the
children becoming trapped inside. Packaging material (e.g. plastic film, Styrofoam) can be dangerous for children. There is a risk
clothes into the appliance. Oil may remain in the tub after a whole cycle resulting in fire during drying. So, do not
of suffocation! Keep all packaging well away from children.
load oily clothes.
• Do not operate the appliance at locations where flammable substances are present such as oil, benzene or highly
CAUTION about the floor surface
inflammable gas. Such materials may cause fire or explosion. Never use combustible detergents.
• The installation surface must be clean, dry and level.
• Only add the prescribed amount of softener. Excessive amounts may damage the clothes.
• Install washing machine on a flat hard floor.
• After washing, keep the drum door open to protect the door seal.
• Proper placement and levelling of the washing machine ensure long, regular and reliable operation.
• Make sure that all water has run off before opening the door. Never open the door if water still remains. Danger
• The washing machine must be perfectly level and firmly in position.
• It must not "see-saw" across corners under load.
• Animals and children may get into the washing machine. So always check the appliance before using it.
• The installation surface must be clean, free from floor wax and other lubricant coatings.
• During washing, the glass door becomes very hot. Keep children away from the appliance when in operation.
• Do not allow the feet of the washing machine to get wet. If feet of the washing machine get wet, slipping may occur.
• Never try to repair the machine yourself. Incorrect repairs may result in injuries and/or serious defects to the
• The product should be serviced and repaired only by the authorised customer service using original replacement
• When disposing of your old machine, the power cable must be capped and the door lock must be made unusable
in order to protect children.
Name of product
Front loading washing machine
2100 W (Wash) / 1100 W (Steam)
• When placing on a carpeted floor, make sure that the opening in the socket is not blocked.
• If the appliance has been under water then contact the customer service. There is danger of electric shock and
220 V~, 50 Hz
Size WxDxH mm:
600 x 640 x 850
• The cover cup of the filter as well as the dispenser drawer may not be opened during the operation.
• Keep all washing powder and detergents away from children. Danger of poisoning
Permissible water pressure 1.0-10 bar (100-1000kPa)
• Water supply is not adequate in area
Check another tap in the house.
• Water supply taps are not completely open.
Fully open tap.
• Water inlet hose(s) are kinked.
• The filter of the inlet hose(s) are clogged.
Check the filter of the inlet hose(s).
Clean and straighten the drain hose.
• Drain hose is kinked or clogged.
Clean the drain filter.
• The drain filter is clogged.
For more detailed information,
please refer to "Cleaning the drain pump filter"
• Load is too small.
Add 1 or 2 similar items to help
• Load is out of balance.
balance the load.
• The appliance has an unbalance detection
Rearrange load to allow proper
and correction system. If individual heavy
articles are loaded (ex. bath mat, both robe,
etc.), this system may stop spinning or even
interrupt the spin cycle altogether.
• If the laundry is still too wet at the end of the
cycle, add smaller articles of laundry to
balance the load and repeat the spin cycle.
• Is the door opened or not
Close the door completely.
"is not released, call for service.
Unplug the power plug and call for service.
• Water overfills due to the faulty water
Close the water tap.
Unplug the power plug.
Call for service.
• Water level sensor has malfunctioned.
• Over load in motor.
• Water leaks
Call for service.
• The washer experienced a power failure.
Restart the cycle.
Rattling and clanking noise
Extraneous objects such as coins or safety pins maybe in drum or pump.
Heavy wash loads may produce a thumping sound. This is usually normal.
Have all transit bolts and packing been removed?
Check and tighten hose connections. Unclog drain pipe.
Contact plumber if necessary.
Too much detergent or unsuitable detergent.
Please read this owner's manual carefully, it provides instructions on safe installation, use and maintenance.
Washing machine does not start
Power cord may not be plugged in or connection may be loose.
Keep it handy for future reference of this machine. Make a note of the model and serial numbers of your washing machine.
Washing machine won't spin
Check that the door is firmly shut.
Door does not open
Once started, the door can not be opened for safety reasons.
Wait one or two minutes before opening the door to allow the electric
locking mechanism time to release.
Before use please read carefully the safety instructions!
Thank you for buying an LG fully automatic washing machine.