1. Do not use an extension cord or double adapter.
• The appliance is fitted with transit bolts to prevent internal
damage during transport. Be careful, heavy load!
2. Have damaged supply cords replaced by the manufacturer or its service agents or a similarly qualified person
to prevent danger.
• Packing and all transit bolts must be removed before using
3. Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use.
the washing machine.
4. Connect the machine to an earthed socket in accordance with current wiring regulations.
• When unpacking the base, be sure to remove the additional
5. The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is easily accessible.
packing support in the middle of the base packing.
• Repairs to the washing machine must only be carried out by qualified personnel. Repairs carried out by inexpe-
rienced persons may cause injury or serious malfunctioning. Contact your local service centre.
Store original packing for future move.
• Do not install your washing machine in rooms where temperature below freezing may occur. Frozen hoses may burst
Dispose of packing material according to local regulations.
under pressure. The electronic control unit may become unreliable at temperatures below freezing point.
• If the appliance is delivered in the winter months and temperatures are below freezing: Leave the washing machine
standing at room temperature for a few hours before putting it into operation.
To prevent internal dama-
Remove the 4 bolts
ge during transport, the
along with the rubber
special 4 bolts are locked.
bungs by slightly
If they are not removed, it
twisting the bung.
may cause heavy vibrati-
Connecting water supply hose
on, noise and machine to
The hose supplied with the machine must be used. Old hoses may not be reused
Close the holes with
Unscrew the 4 bolts
3. Die 4 Schrauben lösen und die
using the spanner
the caps supplied.
Gummipfropfen etwas drehen, um sie
zusammen mit den Schrauben abzunehmen.
Die 4 Schrauben und den Schraubenschlüssel
für späteren Gebrauch aufbewahren.
• Die Transportsicherungsschrauben müssen vor
Keep the 4 bolts and the spanner for the future use. Refit transit bolts before transporting the appliance.
jedem Transport des Geräts wieder angebracht
Requirements for installation site
4. Die Schraubenbohrungen mit den
beiliegenden Kappen verschließen.
Level floor: Permissible floor gradient under entire washing machine
is 1˚ .
Power socket: Must be within 100 cm of either side of location of
washing machine. Do not overload the socket with more than one
If after completing connection water leaks from the hose, repeat the same steps. Use the most conventional
Additional Clearance: For wall, floor and door space is needed.
type of tap for water supply. In case the faucet is square or too big, remove the spacing ring before inserting
(10cm: rear / 2cm:right & left side). Do not place or store laundry pro-
the tap into the adaptor.
ducts on top of the washing machine at any times. They can damage
the finish or controls of the machine.
Installation of drain hose
ca. 100 cm
ca. 100 cm
ca. 145 cm
ca. 145 cm
ca. 105 cm
ca. 105 cm
max. 100 cm
min. 60 cm
Water supply pressure must be between 1.0-8 bar (100kPa~800kPa)
• The drain hose should not be placed higher than 100 cm above the floor.
• Proper securing of the drain hose will protect the floor from damage due to any water leakage.
Don't strip or crossthread when connecting inlet hose to the valve.
• If the drain hose is too long do not force back into the washing machine. This will cause abnormal
If the water supply pressure is more than 800kPa, a decompression
noise and cause the machine to malfunction and leak.
device should be installed.
• Two rubber seals are supplied with the water inlet
hoses. They are used for preventing water leaks.
• Make sure the connection to taps is tight enough.
• Periodically check the condition of the hose and
replace the hose if necessary.
• Proper level-adjustment of the washing ma-
• Make sure that there is no kink on the hose and
chine prevents excessive noise and vibration.
that it is not crushed.
Install the appliance on a solid and level floor
When your washing machine has two valves:
surface, preferably in a corner of the room.
• If the washing machine has two valves, power
• If the floor is uneven, adjust feet as required.
saving is achieved through using hot valve.
(Do not insert pieces of wood etc. under the
feet). Make sure that all four feet are stable
and resting on the floor. Then check that
the appliance is perfectly level. (Use a spirit
Safety instuctions for the installation
Safety instructions for use
Install or store the appliance where it will not be exposed to sub-zero temperatures or exposed to the weather. Fit the power plug
Read all instructions and explanations of the installation before use. Follow the instructions carefully. Keep the operating instructions
to a grounded wall socket that complies with all statutory regulations and ordinances. Ensure that the base opening is free from
handy for later use. If the appliance is sold or passed on then ensure that the new owner always receives these operating instructions.
obstruction by carpeting if the washing machine is installed on a carpeted floor. In countries where there is a risk of cockroach
The following warnings must be strictly observed for safety reasons. They must be read before installing the appliance and putting it
infestation or other vermin, pay particular attention to keep the appliance and its surroundings in a clean condition at all times.
Any damage which may be caused by cockroaches or other vermin is not covered by the appliance guarantee.
• Intended use: This appliance has been designed exclusively for use in dry-interior households. It has not been designed for use in commercial or industrial
CAUTION about positioning the appliance
applications, (for example, Beauty salons Laundromats etc). Use the appliance only with cold drinking grade water and only for washing textiles with
Install the washing machine on a flat hard floor. Make sure that air circulation around the washing machine is
washing detergents designed for washing machines. Every other use is improper and may lead to injuries, whereby the liability of the manufacturer will
not impeded by carpets, rug etc.
• Never try to correct any unevenness in the floor using pieces of wood, cardboard or similar materials under the washing machine.
• This appliance may only be used by adults. Do not allow children to touch the controls or to play with the product.
• If it is not possible to position the washing machine away from a gas cooker or coal burning stove, an insulation panel (85x60cm)
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical , sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
covered with aluminum foil on the side facing the cooker or stove, must be inserted between the two appliances.
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• The washing machine must not be installed in rooms where the temperature may drop below 0°C.
• Never modify the appliance as this is dangerous.
• Please ensure that when the washing machine is installed, that a Service Technician can gain easy access in the event of a break-
• This appliance is heavy. Transport with care and ensure that the transit bolts are re fitted during the machines delivery to any new location.
• Remove all packaging and transport bolts before using the appliance. Otherwise serious damage may result.
• Adjust all four feet using the transit bolt spanner provided to ensure that the appliance is stable, with 20mm clearnace between the
• All installation work must be carried out by a qualified fitter or technician.
top of the washing machine and underside of the worktop.
• Have electrical connections done by a qualified electrician.
CAUTION about the power cord
• Never place the appliance on the power cord.
We recommend connecting most appliances to a dedicated circuit which is protected by a mains fuse.. That is, a single outlet
• If the appliance is placed on a carpet then place the feet so that air can circulate underneath the appliance.
supplying power only to the appliance concerned, without any additional outlets or branch circuits. Check the specifications
• Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use. Disconnect appliance by pulling only the plug - never disconnect by pulling the power
of this owner's manual. Do not overload wall sockets. Overloaded wall sockets, loose or damaged wall sockets or extension
cord. Never touch the plug with wet fingers or hands.
cords, frayed power cords, damaged or cracked wire insulation are dangerous. Any of these conditions could result in electric
• Do not overload the appliance.
shock or fire. Periodically examine the cord of your appliance, and if its appearance indicates damage or deterioration, unplug it,
• Wash only machine-washable textiles. If you have doubts regarding this, then observe the markings on the label .
discontinue use of the appliance, and have the cord replaced with an exact replacement part by an authorized servicer. Protect
• Never place electrical heaters, candles etc. in the vicinity of the appliance. They could cause the appliance to ignite or parts to warp.
the power cord from physical or mechanical abuse, such as being twisted, kinked, pinched, squashed in a jamb of a door, or
• Protect the appliance from wet and damp. Otherwise, there is danger of electric shock and fire.
walked upon. Pay particular attention to plugs, wall outlets, and the point where the cord exits the appliance.
• Connect the appliance to a suitable wall socket for 240V. Never use an extension cord or double adapter.
CAUTION about location and moving
• Empty all pockets. Hard or sharp objects such as coins, needles, nails, screws or stones may cause serious damage. Unbalanced mass may create heavy
vibrations. If heavy vibrations remain also without load, call for an authorized customer service.
This equipment is not designed for maritime use or for use mobile installations such as caravans, aircraft etc. Turn off the
• Do not wash or dry articles that have been cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or dabbed with combustible or explosive substances (such as wax, oil , paint,
stopcock if the machine is to be left for any length of time (e.g. if you are going on holiday), especially if there is no floor drain
gasoline, degreasers, dry-cleaning solvents, kerosene, etc.). This may result in fire or explosion.
(gully) in the immediate vicinity. If relocating the appliance use the original packing material. Packaging material (e.g. plastic film,
• Do not spray or use stain remover products near or directly on the machine as it can damage the machines finish.
Styrofoam) can be dangerous for children. There is a risk of suffocation! Keep all packaging well away from children and do not
• Never insert products coated with mineral oils (e.g. nylon coating, plastic belts, etc. ) into the machine. If a stain remover has been used then make sure
allow children to play inside the bowl as they may become trapped.
that the solvent has been carefully washed out before inserting the clothes into the appliance. Oil may remain in the tub after a whole cycle resulting in fire
CAUTION about the floor surface
• The installation surface must be clean, dry and level.
• Do not operate the appliance at locations where flammable substances are present such as oil , benzene or highly inflammable gas. Such materials may
• Install washing machine on a flat hard floor.
cause fire or explosion. Never use combustible detergents.
• Poorly constructed timber base floors can contribute to excessive noise and vibration.
• Only add the prescribed amount of softener. Excessive amounts may damage or stain the clothes.
• Proper placement and levelling of the washing machine ensure long, regular and reliable operation.
• After washing, keep the drum door open to protect the door seal .
• The washing machine must be perfectly level and firmly in position.
• There may be a danger of scalding.
• It must not "see-saw" across corners under load.
• Animals and children may get into the washing machine. So always check the appliance before using it.
• The installation surface must be clean, free from floor wax and other lubricant coatings.
• During washing, the glass door becomes very hot. Keep children away from the appliance when in operation.
• Do not allow the feet of the washing machine to get wet. If feet of the washing machine get wet, slipping may occur.
• Never try to repair the machine yourself. Incorrect repairs may result in injuries and/or serious defects to the machine.
• The product should be serviced and repaired only by the authorised customer service using original replacement parts.
• When disposing of your old machine, the power cable must be capped or cut off, and the door lock must be made unusable in order to protect children.
• When placing on a carpeted floor, make sure that the opening in the socket is not blocked.
• If the appliance has been under water then contact the customer service. Do not use the machine as it may impose an electric shock or fire hazard.
• The lower filter cover as well as the dispenser drawer may not be opened during the operation.
Name of product
Front loading washing machine
2400 W (Wash)
• Keep all washing powder and detergents away from children. There is a danger of poisoning.
240 V~, 50 Hz
Size WxDxH mm:
600 x 640 x 850
73 l (8.6 l / kg)
Permissible water pressure 1.0-8 bar (100-800kPa)
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental
n The external hot water supply MUST NOT exceed 70 deg C
capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concer-
n Permissible cold water temperature : 4-25˚C
ning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
n No further backflow protection required for connection to the water supply.
e The appearance and specifications may be varied without notice to lmprove the units quality.
e Specifications subject to change by manufacturer.
• Water supply is not adequate in area
Check another tap in the house.
• Water supply taps are not completely
Fully open tap.
• Water inlet hose(s) are kinked.
• The filter of the inlet hose(s) are clogged.
Check the filter of the inlet hose(s).
• Drain hose is kinked or clogged.
Clean and straighten the drain hose.
• The drain filter is clogged.
Clean the drain filter.
For more detailed information, please
refer to "Cleaning the drain pump filter"
• Load is too small.
Add 1 or 2 similar items to help balance
• Load is out of balance.
• The appliance has an unbalance detection
Rearrange load to allow proper spinning
and correction system. If individual heavy
articles are loaded (ex. bath mat, both
robe, etc.), this system may stop spinning
or even interrupt the spin cycle altogether.
• If the laundry is still too wet at the end of
the cycle, add smaller articles of laundry to
balance the load and repeat the spin cycle.
• Floor is unstable.
The floor should be a solid surface.
Feet are not adjusted
Adjust the feet so that the machine
does not rock from side to side or front
• Is the door opened or not
Close the door completely.
If the "
" does not clear, call for
Unplug the power plug and call for
• Water overfills due to the faulty water
Close the water tap.
Unplug the power plug.
Call for service.
• Water level sensor has malfunctioned.
• Over load in motor.
• The washer experienced a power
Restart the cycle.
• Water leaks
Call for service.
Rattling and clanking noise
Extraneous objects such as coins or safety pins maybe in drum or pump.
Heavy wash loads may produce a thumping sound. This is usually normal.
Please read safety instructions carefully before operating the machine.
Have all transit bolts and packing been removed?
Check and tighten hose connections. Unclog drain pipe. Contact plumber if necessary.
Please read this owner's manual carefully, it provides instructions on safe installation, use and maintenance.
Too much detergent or unsuitable detergent.
Keep it handy for future reference of this machine. Make a note of the model and serial numbers of your washing machine.
Washing machine does not start
Power cord may not be plugged in or connection may be loose.
Washing machine won't spin
Check that the door is shut.
Check that foreign objects may be blocking the drain causing the water not to drain out.
Door does not open
Once started, the door can not be opened for safety reasons.
At the end of the cycle or when Start Pause is pressed, wait one or two minutes before
opening the door to allow the electric locking mechanism time to release.
Thank you for buying an LG fully automatic washing machine.