Cleaning and Maintenance
Warning: Before cleaning the washing machine interior, unplug the electrical power cord to avoid the risk of electric
1. Do not use an extension cord or double adapter.
2. Have damaged supply cords replaced by the manufacturer or its service agents or a similarly qualiﬁ ed
Cleaning the water inlet filter
person to prevent danger.
3. Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use.
4. Connect the machine to an earthed socket in accordance with current wiring regulations.
5. The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is easily accessible.
• Repairs to the washing machine must only be carried out by qualiﬁ ed personnel. Repairs carried out by inex-
perienced persons may cause injury or serious malfunctioning. Contact your local service centre.
• Do not install your washing machine in rooms where temperature below freezing may occur. Frozen hoses may
burst under pressure. The electronic control unit may become unreliable at temperatures below freezing point.
• If the appliance is delivered in the winter months and temperatures are below freezing: Leave the washing
Turn off the water
Unscrew the water
Pull out the water
Clean the filter using
Tighten up the inlet
machine standing at room temperature for a few hours before putting it into operation.
a hard bristle brush
Cleaning the drain pump filter
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concer-
ning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Open the lower filter
Unplug the drain hose
After cleaning, refit the
Close the lower
Installation of drain hose
drain filter cap and tighten it
cover and pull out
plug Then open the
by turning it clockwise. and
the drain hose.
filter by turning to
from the pump filter
insert the drain plug
Cleaning the dispenser drawer
ca. 100 cm
ca. 145 cm
the drawer and
ca. 105 cm
run a rinse cycle
without laundry or
Pull out the
Clean the dispenser
Clean inside the
Insert the dispenser
drawer under flow-
recess with an old
Cleaning in general
Important: Do not use methylated spirits, solvents or similar products.
Proper care of your washing machine can extend its service life.
Dry around the washing machine door
The outside of the machine can be cleaned with warm water and
opening, flexible gasket and door glass.
max. 100 cm
a neutral non-abrasive household detergent. Immediately wipe
Run washing machine through a complete
min. 60 cm
off any spillage. Wipe with damp cloth. Avoid striking the surface
cycle using hot water. Repeat process if
with sharp objects. Never hose down the machine!
• The drain hose should not be placed higher than 100 cm above the ﬂ oor.
• Proper securing of the drain hose will protect the ﬂ oor from damage due to any water leakage.
• If the drain hose is too long do not force back into the washing machine. This will cause abnormal
noise and cause the machine to malfunction and leak.
Safety instructions for use
Read all instructions and explanations of the installation before use. Follow the instructions carefully. Keep the operating instruc-
tions handy for later use. If the appliance is sold or passed on then ensure that the new owner always receives these operating
instructions. The following warnings must be strictly observed for safety reasons. They must be read before installing the appli-
ance and putting it into operation.
• Intended use: This appliance has been designed exclusively for use in dry-interior households. It has not been designed for
use in commercial or industrial applications, (for example, Beauty salons Laundromats etc). Use the appliance only with cold
drinking grade water and only for washing textiles with washing detergents designed for washing machines. Every other use
is improper and may lead to injuries, whereby the liability of the manufacturer will cease.
• This appliance may only be used by adults. Do not allow children to touch the controls or to play with the product.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance
by a person responsible for their safety.
• Never modify the appliance as this is dangerous.
• This appliance is heavy. Transport with care and ensure that the transit bolts are re ﬁ tted during the machines delivery to
any new location.
• Remove all packaging and transport bolts before using the appliance. Otherwise serious damage may result.
• All installation work must be carried out by a qualiﬁ ed ﬁ tter or technician.
• Have electrical connections done by a qualiﬁ ed electrician.
• Never place the appliance on the power cord.
• If the appliance is placed on a carpet then place the feet so that air can circulate underneath the appliance.
• Always unplug the machine and turn off the water supply after use. Disconnect appliance by pulling only the plug - never
disconnect by pulling the power cord. Never touch the plug with wet ﬁ ngers or hands.
• Do not overload the appliance.
• Wash only machine-washable textiles. If you have doubts regarding this, then observe the markings on the label.
• Never place electrical heaters, candles etc. in the vicinity of the appliance. They could cause the appliance to ignite or parts
• Protect the appliance from wet and damp. Otherwise, there is danger of electric shock and ﬁ re.
• Connect the appliance to a suitable wall socket for 240V. Never use an extension cord or double adapter.
• Empty all pockets. Hard or sharp objects such as coins, needles, nails, screws or stones may cause serious damage.
ca. 100 cm
Unbalanced mass may create heavy vibrations. If heavy vibrations remain also without load, call for an authorized customer
ca. 145 cm
• Do not wash or dry articles that have been cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or dabbed with combustible or explosive
substances (such as wax, oil, paint, gasoline, degreasers, dry-cleaning solvents, kerosene, etc.). This may result in ﬁ re or
explosion. Do not spray or use stain remover products near or directly on the machine as it can damage the machines ﬁ nish.
• Never insert products coated with mineral oils (e.g. nylon coating, plastic belts, etc. ) into the machine. If a stain remover has
been used then make sure that the solvent has been carefully washed out before inserting the clothes into the appliance. Do
ca. 105 cm
not load oily clothes in to the machine as the oil may remain in the tub after a whole cycle resulting in ﬁ re during drying.
• Do not operate the appliance at locations where ﬂ ammable substances are present such as oil, benzene or highly inﬂ am-
mable gas. Such materials may cause ﬁ re or explosion. Never use combustible detergents.
• Only add the prescribed amount of softener. Excessive amounts may damage or stain the clothes
• After washing, keep the drum door open to protect the door seal.
• Make sure that all water has run off before opening the door. Never open the door if water still remains. There may be a
danger of scalding.
• Animals and children may get into the washing machine. So always check the appliance before using it.
• During washing, the glass door becomes very hot. Keep children away from the appliance when in operation.
• Never try to repair the machine yourself. Incorrect repairs may result in injuries and/or serious defects to the machine.
• The product should be serviced and repaired only by the authorised customer service using original replacement parts.
• When disposing of your old machine, the power cable must be capped or cut off, and the door lock must be made unusable
in order to protect children.
• When placing on a carpeted ﬂ oor, make sure that the opening in the socket is not blocked.
• If the appliance has been under water then contact the customer service. Do not use the machine as it may impose an
electric shock or ﬁ re hazard.
• The lower ﬁ lter cover as well as the dispenser drawer may not be opened during the operation.
• Keep all washing powder and detergents away from children. There is a danger of poisoning
Safety instructions for use
Safety instuctions for the installation
Install or store the appliance where it will not be exposed to sub-zero temperatures or exposed to the weather. Fit the power plug
To minimize the risk of ﬁ re within the inner bowl, the following should be observed:
to a grounded wall socket that complies with all statutory regulations and ordinances. Ensure that the base opening is free from
obstruction by carpeting if the washing machine is installed on a carpeted ﬂ oor. In countries where there is a risk of cockroach
• Items that have been spotted or soaked with vegetable or cooking oil constitute a ﬁ re hazard and should not be
infestation or other vermin, pay particular attention to keep the appliance and its surroundings in a clean condition at all times.
placed in a tumble dryer.
Any damage which may be caused by cockroaches or other vermin is not covered by the appliance guarantee.
Oil-affected items can ignite spontaneously, especially when exposed to heat sources Such as in a tumble dryer.
The items become warm, causing an oxidation reaction in the oil. Oxidation creates heat. If the heat cannot
CAUTION about positioning the appliance
escape, the items can become hot enough to catch ﬁ re. Piling, stacking or storing oil-affected items can prevent
Install the washing machine on a ﬂ at hard ﬂ oor. Make sure that air circulation around the washing machine is
heat from escaping and so create a ﬁ re hazard.
not impeded by carpets, rug etc.
If it is unavoidable that fabrics that contain vegetable or cooking oil or have been contaminated by hair care prod-
ucts be placed in a tumble dryer they should ﬁ rst be washed in hot water with extra detergent-this will reduce,
• Never try to correct any unevenness in the ﬂ oor using pieces of wood, cardboard or similar materials under the washing machine.
but not eliminate, the hazard. The 'cool down' cycle of tumble dryers should be used to reduce the temperature
• If it is not possible to position the washing machine away from a gas cooker or coal burning stove, an insulation panel
of the items. They should not be removed from the tumble dryer or piled or stacked while hot.
(85x60cm) covered with aluminum foil on the side facing the cooker or stove, must be inserted between the two appliances.
• Items that have been previously cleaned in, washed in, soaked in or spotted with petrol/gasoline, dry-cleaning
• The washing machine must not be installed in rooms where the temperature may drop below 0°C.
solvents or other ﬂ ammable or explosive substances should not be placed in a tumble dryer.
• Please ensure that when the washing machine is installed , that a Service Technician can gain easy access in the event of a
Highly ﬂ ammable substances commonly used in domestic environments include acetone, denatured alcohol,
petrol/gasoline, kerosene, spot removers (some brands), turpentine, waxes and wax removers.
• Adjust all four feet using the transit bolt spanner provided to ensure that the appliance is stable, with 20mm clearnace between
• Items containing foam rubber (also known as latex foam) or similarly testured rubber like materials should not be
the top of the washing machine and underside of the worktop.
dried in a tumble dryer on a heat setting.
Foam rubber materials can, when heated, produce ﬁ re by spontaneous combustion.
CAUTION about the power cord
• Fabric softeners or similar products should not be used during a drying cycle, to eliminate the effects of static
We recommend connecting most appliances to a dedicated circuit which is protected by a mains fuse. That is, a single outlet
electricity unless this practice is speciﬁ cally recommended by the manufacturer of the fabric softener or product.
supplying power only to the appliance concerned, without any additional outlets or branch circuits. Check the speciﬁ cations
• Undergarments that contain metal reinforcements should not be placed in a tumble dryer.
of this owner's manual. Do not overload wall sockets. Overloaded wall sockets, loose or damaged wall sockets or extension
Damage to the tumble dryer can result if metal reinforcements come loose during drying.
cords, frayed power cords, damaged or cracked wire insulation are dangerous. Any of these conditions could result in electric
When available a drying rack could be used for such items.
shock or ﬁ re. Periodically examine the cord of your appliance, and if its appearance indicates damage or deterioration, unplug it,
• Plastic articles such as shower caps or babies waterproof napkin covers should not be placed in a tumble dryer.
discontinue use of the appliance, and have the cord replaced with an exact replacement part by an authorized servicer. Protect
• Rubber-backed articles, clothes ﬁ tted with foam rubber pads, pillows, rubber boots and rubber-coated tennis
the power cord from physical or mechanical abuse, such as being twisted, kinked, pinched, squashed in a jamb of a door, or
shoes should not be placed in a tumble dryer.
walked upon. Pay particular attention to plugs, wall outlets, and the point where the cord exits the appliance.
CAUTION about location and moving
This equipment is not designed for maritime use or for use mobile installations such as caravans, aircraft etc. Turn off the
stopcock if the machine is to be left for any length of time (e.g. if you are going on holiday), especially if there is no ﬂ oor drain
(gully) in the immediate vicinity. If relocating the appliance use the original packing material. Packaging material (e.g. plastic ﬁ lm,
Styrofoam) can be dangerous for children. There is a risk of suffocation! Keep all packaging well away from children and do not
allow children to play inside the bowl as they may become trapped.
CAUTION about the ﬂ oor surface
• The installation surface must be clean, dry and level.
• Install washing machine on a ﬂ at hard ﬂ oor. Poorly constructed timber base ﬂ oors can contribute to excessive noise and
• Proper placement and levelling of the washing machine ensure long, regular and reliable operation.
• The washing machine must be perfectly level and ﬁ rmly in position.
• It must not "see-saw" across corners under load.
• The installation surface must be clean, free from ﬂ oor wax and other lubricant coatings.
• Do not allow the feet of the washing machine to get wet. If feet of the washing machine get wet, slipping may occur.
Technical Speciﬁ cation
Name of product
Front loading washing machine
240 V~, 50 Hz
Size WxDxH mm:
600 x 640 x 850
n The external hot water supply MUST NOT exceed 70 deg C
n Permissible cold water temperature : 4-25˚C
n No further backﬂ ow protection required for connection to the water supply.
e The appearance and speciﬁ cations may be varied without notice to lmprove the units quality.
e Speciﬁ cations subject to change by manufacturer.
• Water supply is not adequate in area
Check another tap in the house.
• Water supply taps are not completely
Fully open tap.
• Water inlet hose(s) are kinked.
• The ﬁ lter of the inlet hose(s) are
Check the filter of the inlet hose(s).
• Drain hose is kinked or clogged.
Clean and straighten the drain hose.
• The drain ﬁ lter is clogged.
Clean the drain filter.
For more detailed information, please
refer to "Cleaning the drain pump filter"
• Load is too small.
Add 1 or 2 similar items to help balance
• Load is out of balance.
• The appliance has an unbalance detection
Rearrange load to allow proper spinning
and correction system. If individual heavy
articles are loaded (ex. bath mat, both
robe, etc.), this system may stop spinning
or even interrupt the spin cycle altogether.
• If the laundry is still too wet at the end of
the cycle, add smaller articles of laundry
The ﬂ oor should be a solid surface.
to balance the load and repeat the spin
Adjust the feet so that the machine
does not rock from side to side or front
cycle. Floor is unstable.
Feet are not adjusted
• Is the door opened or not
Close the door completely.
If the "
" does not clear, call for
Unplug the power plug and call for
• Water overﬁ lls due to the faulty water
Close the water tap.
Unplug the power plug.
Call for service.
• Water level sensor has malfunctioned.
• Over load in motor.
• The washer experienced a power
Restart the cycle.
• Water leaks
Call for service.
• Check water supply.
Turn the tap on.
" is not released, unplug
power plug and call for service.
Rattling and clanking noise
Extraneous objects such as coins or safety pins maybe in drum or pump.
2400 W (Wash) / 1700 W (Dry)
Heavy wash loads may produce a thumping sound. This is usually normal.
Have all transit bolts and packing been removed?
8.5 kg (Wash) / 4.5 kg (Dry)
Check and tighten hose connections. Unclog drain pipe. Contact plumber if necessary.
73 l (8.6 l / kg)
Too much detergent or unsuitable detergent.
Permissible water pressure 1.0-8 bar (100-800kPa)
Washing machine does not start
Power cord may not be plugged in or connection may be loose.
Washing machine won't spin
Check that the door is shut.
Check that foreign objects may be blocking the drain causing the water not to drain out.
Door does not open
Once started, the door can not be opened for safety reasons.
At the end of the cycle or when Start Pause is pressed, wait one or two minutes before opening the door to
allow the electric locking mechanism time to release.
Please read safety instructions carefully before operating the machine.
Thank you for buying an LG fully automatic washing machine.
Please read this owner's manual carefully, it provides instructions on safe installation, use and maintenance.
Keep it handy for future reference of this machine. Make a note of the model and serial numbers of your washing machine.