WARNING: If the information in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire or explosion
may result causing property damage, personal injury or death.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this
or any other appliance.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch.
• Do not use any phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
must be performed
by a qualified
the gas supplier,
WARNING: Gas leaks cannot always be detected by smell.
Gas suppliers recommend
that you use a gas detector approved by UL or CSA.
For more information,
contact your gas supplier.
If a gas leak is detected, follow the "What to do if you smell gas" instructions.
In the State of Massachusetts,
the following installation instructions apply:
m Installations and repairs must be performed by a qualified or licensed contractor, plumber, or gasfitter qualified or licensed by
the State of Massachusetts.
m If using a ball valve, it shall be a T-handle type.
m A flexible gas connector, when used, must not exceed 3 feet.