CEILING FAN AND LIGHT WALL CONTROL
Model 40014 / Item # 0374121
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Read and keep this instruction sheet for future reference.
2. Please note that all fixed wiring appliances should be installed by a qualified
3. The supply to the receiver should be connected on its own circuit.
4. Switch off the power at the circuit breaker before working on receiver or ceiling fan.
5. This unit is to be used for the control of a ceiling fan and its electrical source must
be AC 110/120V, 60Hz.
6. Do not install in damp location or immerse into water. For indoor use only.
7. Do not use this remote with fans that have pre‐installed remote controls.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of fire or injury, do not use this product in
conjunction with any variable (rheostat) wall control.
RECEIVER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: This remote can work with a variety of hugger fan types, however, there is
typically very little space in the hanger bracket area to install a receiver. Therefore,
we do not recommend using this remote with hugger type or 5 speed ceiling fans.
1. After switching power off @ circuit breaker, remove ceiling fan canopy from the
mounting bracket. Disconnect existing wiring between ceiling fan and supply at
electrical junction box.
2. Slide the receiver into the mounting bracket per FIG.1 being careful not
to pinch the antenna wire.
3. The receiver will be inserted between the down rod and the mounting bracket.
4. Make wiring connections per FIG. 2.
5. Push all connected wires back into the junction box and reinstall the canopy onto
the mounting bracket.
6. Manually set fan speed control to HIGH and set light to ON using the pull chains.
NOTE: For the remote to function properly, the fan must be on HIGH speed and
lights must be ON to use.
CAUTION: Incorrect wire connection can damage this receiver and could
cause injury or fire.
ACTIVATING THE LEARNING PROCESS (SMART SYNC)
NOTE: This remote is pre‐programmed from the factory and should work right out of
the box once the battery is installed. Should, for any reason, re‐programming be
needed please follow the learning process as follows:
1. After installation is complete and power is turned on, press and hold the "FAN OFF"
button for 3 seconds. Fan will turn on at high speed and light (if installed) blinks 3
times. This confirms that the SMART SYNC setting is active. You now have 30 seconds
to press the FAN OFF key. Tap the FAN OFF button again to turn off the fan.
2. If user cannot finish the setting within the 30 seconds time frame the main power
must be turned off and re‐started again. This will reset the unit. Repeat step 1 until
the LEARNING feature is activated as indicated.
NOTE: User must press "FAN OFF" key within 30 seconds after main power is turned
Available at www.HoneywellStore.com
INTO CANOPY ASSEMBLY
WALL CONTROL LIVE (BLACK)
CONNECTING THE RECEIVER
TO THE FAN