The PUB and PVB controllers are part of the Spyder family.
The nine controllers are BACnet MS/TP network devices
designed to control HVAC equipment. These controllers
provide many options and advanced system features that
allow state-of-the-art commercial building control. Each
controller is programmable and configurable using the
The Spyder BACnet controllers require the Spyder BACnet
Programmable Feature to be licensed in the WEBpro
workbench tool and the WEBS AX JACE Controller for
programming and downloading. The Spyder BACnet Models
are also available as Individually Licensed Controllers (ILC).
The ILC versions are identical in design and capability in every
detail except for the licensing. The Individual Licensing of the
Spyder ILCs (the License is built in) allows them to be
programmed and downloaded with any brand of the Niagara
Workbench or JACE controller. The Spyder ILCs are identified
with a suffix on the Part Number of -ILC. Example:
PUB6438S-ILC follows all the same Installation Instructions
information as the PUB6438S.
The controllers are for use in VAV (Variable Air Volume),
Unitary, and advanced HVAC control applications. Each
controller contains a host microcontroller to run the main
HVAC application and a second microcontroller for BACnet
MS/TP network communications. Each controller provides
flexible, universal inputs for external sensors, digital inputs,
and a combination of analog outputs and digital outputs.
The photo shown is the PVB6436AS, which includes the
Series 60 floating actuator.
• Uses BACnet MS/TP network communication.
• EIA-485 communications network. Capable of baud
rates between 9.6 and 115.2 kbits/s.
• Capable of stand-alone operation, but can also use
BACnet MS/TP network communications.
bus for use with Sylk-enabled sensors.
• Support for up to 30 controllers per BACnet MS/TP
• Field configurable and programmable for control,
input, and output functions using the N
• Function Block engine, which allows the application
designer to program the controller to perform a wide
variety of HVAC applications.
• Built-in Zone Control functions include a remote wall
module interface and a scheduler.
• Pressure-independent or pressure-dependent single
or dual duct Variable Air Volume (VAV) control as well
as Unitary equipment control.
• Microbridge air flow sensor with dual integral restrictor
design (PVB0000AS, PVB4022AS, PVB4024NS,
PVB6436AS, and PVB6438NS).
• Easy user access to air flow sensor inputs.
• Actuator (PVB0000AS, PVB4022AS, and PVB6436AS)
mounts directly onto VAV box damper shaft and has up
to 44 lb-in. (5 Nm) torque, 90-degree stroke, and 90
second timing at 60 Hz.
• All wiring connections are made to removable terminal
blocks to simplify controller installation and
• Both controller housing and actuator are UL plenum