Alarm on indicator
You can set five independent daily alarms. When
Hourly time signal
an alarm is turned on, the alarm tone sounds
when the alarm time is reached.
You also can turn on an Hourly Time Signal,
which will cause the watch to beep twice every
hour on the hour.
• The alarm number (
indicates an alarm screen.
the alarm number when the Hourly Time Signal
screen is on the display.
• When you enter the Alarm Mode, the data you
were viewing when you last exited the mode
• All of the operations in this section are
performed in the Alarm Mode, which you enter
by pressing D.
(Hour : Minutes)
To set an alarm time
1. In the Alarm Mode, use C or A to scroll
through the alarm screens until the one whose
time you want to set is displayed.
2. Hold down E until the hour digits of the alarm time start to flash, which
indicates the setting screen.
• This automatically turns on the alarm.
3. Press D to move the flashing between the hour and minute settings.
4. While a setting is flashing, use C (+) and A (–) to change it.
• When setting the alarm time using the 12-hour format, take care to set
the time correctly as a.m. (no indicator) or p.m. (P indicator).
5. Press E to exit the setting screen.
The alarm sounds at the preset time for about 10 seconds (in all modes), or
until you stop it by pressing any button.
To test the alarm
In the Alarm Mode, hold down C to sound the alarm.
To turn an alarm and the Hourly Time Signal on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use C or A to select an alarm or the Hourly Time
2. When the alarm or the Hourly Time Signal you want is selected, press B
to turn it on and off.
Indicates alarm is ON.
Indicates Hourly Time Signal is ON.
• The alarm on indicator (
) and the Hourly Time Signal on indicator ( )
are shown on the display in all modes while these functions are turned on.
• If any alarm is on, the alarm on indicator is shown on the display in all
The watch has an EL (electro-luminescent) panel
Auto light switch on
that causes the entire display to glow for easy
reading in the dark. The watch's auto light switch
illuminates the display automatically when you
angle the watch towards your face.
• The auto light switch must be turned on
(indicated by the auto light switch on indicator)
for it to operate.
• See "Illumination Precautions" for other
To turn on illumination manually
Press L in any mode to illuminate the display for about one second.
• The above operation turns on illumination regardless of the current auto
light switch setting.
Operation Guide 3047
is shown for
About the Auto Light Switch
Turning on the auto light switch causes illumination to turn on, whenever you
position your wrist as described below in any mode.
Note that this watch features a "Full Auto EL Light", so the auto light switch
operates only when available light is below a certain level. It does not
illuminate the display under bright light.
• The auto light switch is always disabled, regardless of its on/off setting,
when any one of the following conditions exists.
While an alarm is sounding
During sensor measurement
While a bearing sensor calibration operation is being performed in the
Digital Compass Mode
While a receive operation is in progress in the Receive Mode
Moving the watch to a position that is parallel to the ground and then tilting
it towards you more than 40 degrees causes illumination to turn on.
• Wear the watch on the outside of your wrist.
• Always make sure you are in a safe place whenever you are reading
the display of the watch using the auto light switch. Be especially
careful when running or engaged in any other activity that can result
in accident or injury. Also take care that sudden illumination by the
auto light switch does not startle or distract others around you.
• When you are wearing the watch, make sure that its auto light switch
is turned off before riding on a bicycle or operating a motorcycle or
any other motor vehicle. Sudden and unintended operation of the auto
light switch can create a distraction, which can result in a traffic
accident and serious personal injury.
To turn the auto light switch on and off
In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down L for about three seconds to toggle the
auto light switch on (A. EL displayed) or off (A. EL not displayed).
• The auto light switch on indicator (A. EL) is on the display in all modes
while the auto light switch is turned on.
• The auto light switch turns off automatically whenever battery power drops
to Level 4.
• Watch illumination may not turn on right away if you raise the watch to your
face while a barometric pressure operation is in progress.
This watch is equipped with a solar cell and a rechargeable battery
(secondary battery) that is charged by the electrical power produced by the
solar cell. The illustration shown below shows how you should position the
watch for charging.
Example: Orient the watch so its face is
pointing at a light source.
• The illustration shows how to position a
watch with a resin band.
• Note that charging efficiency drops when
any part of the solar cell is blocked by
• You should try to keep the watch outside
of your sleeve as much as possible.
Charging is reduced significantly if the
face is only partially covered.
• Storing the watch for long periods in an area where there is no light or
wearing it in such a way that it is blocked from exposure to light can cause
rechargeable battery power to run down. Be sure that the watch is exposed
to bright light whenever possible.
• This watch uses a special rechargeable battery to store power produced by
the solar cell, so regular battery replacement is not required. However, after
very long use, the rechargeable battery may lose its ability to achieve a full
charge. If you experience problems getting the special rechargeable battery
to charge fully, contact your dealer or CASIO distributor about having it
• Never try to remove or replace the watch's special battery yourself. Use of
the wrong type of battery can damage the watch.
• All data stored in memory is deleted, and the current time and all other
settings return to their initial factory defaults whenever battery power drops
to Level 5 and when you have the battery replaced.
• Turn on the watch's Power Saving function and keep it in an area normally
exposed to bright light when storing it for long periods. This helps to keep
the rechargeable battery from going dead.