Poor baking results.
Entire appliance does not operate.
Oven portion of appliance does not
Surface burners do not ignite.
Surface burner flame only part way
around burner cap.
Surface burner flame is orange.
Solutions to common problems •
• Many factors affect baking results. Make sure the proper oven rack position is
used. Center food in the oven and space pans to allow air to circulate. Allow
the oven to preheat to the set temperature before placing food in the oven. Try
adjusting the recipe's recommended temperature or baking time. If you feel
the oven is too hot or cool, see "Adjusting oven temperature" section in this Use
& Care Guide.
• The time of day is not set. The time of day must first be set in order to
operate the oven. See "Setting the clock" in the Setting Oven Controls
• Make sure cord/plug is plugged correctly into outlet.
• Service wiring is not complete. Contact your dealer, installing agent or
authorized service agent.
• Electrical power outage. Check house lights to be sure. Call your local
electric company for service.
• Be sure the oven controls are set properly for the desired cooking feature.
See Setting Oven Controls in this manual or see "Entire appliance does
not operate" in this checklist.
• Surface control knob was not completely turned to LITE. Push in & turn the
surface control knob to LITE until burner ignites and then turn control knob
to desired flame size.
• Burner ports are clogged. With the burner OFF, use a small-gauge wire or
needle to burner head slots and ignition ports. See "Cleaning the cooktop
and surface burners" in the Care & Cleaning section for additional
• Range power cord is disconnected from outlet (electric ignition models
only). Be sure power cord is securely plugged into the power outlet.
• Electrical power outage (electric ignition models only). Burners can be lit
manually. See section on Setting Surface Controls.
• Burner slots or ports are clogged. With the surface burner OFF, clean ports
with a small-gauge wire or needle.
• Moisture is present after cleaning. Lightly fan the flame & allow burner to
operate until flame is full. Dry the surface burners thoroughly following the
instructions under "Cleaning the cooktop and surface burners" provided in
the Care & Cleaning section.
• Dust particles in main gas line. Allow the burner to operate a few minutes
until flame turns blue. In coastal areas, a slightly orange flame is
unavoidable due to salt air.
BEFORE YOU CALL