Important Safety Instructions
This symbol will help alert you to such
dangers as personal injury, burns, fire, and
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or
injury when using your dishwasher, follow
basic precautions including the following:
• Read all instructions before using your
• Use your dishwasher only as instructed in this
Use and Care Manual.
• This Manual does not cover every possible
condition and situation that may occur. Use
common sense and caution when installing,
operating and maintaining any appliance.
• NSF certified residential dishwashers are not
intended for licensed food establishments.
• DISHWASHER MUST BE ELECTRICALLY
GROUNDED. Read the Installation Instructions
• This dishwasher is designed to operate on
regular house current (120 V, 60 Hz). Use a
circuit equipped with a 15 ampere fuse or circuit
breaker. Use a 20 ampere fuse if dishwasher is
connected with a food waste disposer.
• Do not operate dishwasher unless all enclosure
panels are in their proper place.
• To avoid entrapment and/or suffocation, remove
door or door latch mechanism from any
dishwasher that is discarded or not in use.
• Keep young children and infants away from
dishwasher when it is operating.
• Do not let children abuse, sit, stand or play on
door or racks of a dishwasher.
• Use only detergents and rinse agents
recommended for use in a dishwasher.
• Store dishwasher detergent and rinse agents
out of the reach of children.
• Do not wash plastic items unless marked
"dishwasher safe" or the equivalent. Check with
manufacturer for recommendations, if not
©2003 Electrolux Major Appliances North America
All rights reserved.
marked. Items that are not dishwasher safe
may melt and create a potential fire hazard.
• If the dishwasher drains into a food disposer,
make sure disposer is completely empty before
• Disconnect electrical power to dishwasher
• Repairs should be done by a qualified
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not touch the heating element during or
immediately after use.
Use care unloading the dishware when the
SANITIZE option has been selected. Contents
may be hot to the touch immediately after the
end of cycle.
Water vapor from the vent may be hot to the
touch when the SANITIZE option has been
selected. Use care and do not let small children
play around or touch the vent area of the
• When loading items to be washed:
- Locate sharp items and knives so that they
are not likely to damage the door seal or
- Load sharp items and knives with the
handles up to reduce the risk of cut-type
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not
been used for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN
GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If hot water system has
not been used for such a period, before using
dishwasher, turn on all hot water faucets and let
water flow from each for several minutes. This
will release any accumulated hydrogen gas.
HYDROGEN GAS IS FLAMMABLE. Do not
smoke or use an open flame during this time.
• Do not store or use combustible materials,
gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids
in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
Printed in U.S.A.