Caring for Your Dryer
Proper care of your dryer can extend its life. This section explains how to care for your dryer
properly and safely.
the lint screen
The lint screen is located under a lid on top
of the dryer. Clean it before each load. A
screen blocked by lint can increase drying
1. Open the lid and pull the lint screen
2. Roll lint off the screen with your fingers.
Do not rinse or wash screen to
remove lint. Wet lint is hard to
3. Push the lint screen firmly back into place
and close the lid.
• Do not run the dryer with the lint screen
loose, damaged, blocked, or missing.
Doing so can cause overheating and
damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
• Some towels made of synthetic fibers and
natural fibers (polyester and cotton blends)
may shed more lint than other towels,
causing your dryer's lint screen to fill up
faster. Be sure to remove lint from the lint
screen before and after drying new towels.
Laundry detergents and fabric softeners can
cause a residue buildup on the lint screen.
Clean the lint screen with a nylon brush
every six months or more frequently
becomes clogged due to a residue buildup.
Use the following
1. Wet both sides of lint screen with hot
2. Wet a nylon brush with hot water and
screen with the brush to
remove residue buildup.
3. Rinse screen with hot water.
4. Thoroughly dry lint screen with a clean
towel; replace in dryer.