are often mistaken for trouble and malfunctions.
If you think that there is something
wrong with this
check the points below. Sometimes
the trouble may lie in another component.
Inspect the other components
being used. If the trouble cannot be rectified even after exercising
the checks listed below, ask your
nearest PIONEER authorized service center or your dealer to carry out repair work.
Common to LD and CD
• The disc is dirty or warped,
p. 7, 12
the disc table is closed.
• The disc is not placed properly on the disc table,
• Condensation formed inside the player,
Remote control operation is not
Improper operation of TV set,
4. Audio is not output or distorted.
• The control input jacks are in use.
• The remote control unit is too far from the
• The batteries are exhausted.
Improper operation may occur with some TV
• The connection between the player and amplifier
is erroneous or the plugs are not inserted fully
into the jacks.
• The connection plug of the jack is dirty.
• The player is in pause mode.
• A wrong input is selected on the amplifier.
_> Refer to the operating instructions
• The audio output is connected to the PHONO
input jacks of the amplifier.
TV programs cannot be viewed.
The video cannot be viewed,
the picture quality is poor or
noise interferes with the video.
7. A part of the still frame image
Audio sound is undulating.
Audio is not output.
• The VHF antenna is not connected.
• The power of the player is left on.
• A cable supplying the mixed signal of VHF and
UHF signals is connected to the adapter.
• The disc is dirty or warped.
• The power of the TV is turned off.
• The connection is erroneous or the plugs are not
inserted fully into the jacks.
• The still frame image may shake if it shows a
A disc which
the CX mark
the CX system
• The player is in the multi-speed,
still frame or