1. The Downdraft Blower system draws 4 AMPS and requires
a 120 VAC, 60 Hz circuit.
2. The unit has a 18 in. Iong power cord with a 3-pronged plug.
Plan to provide a grounded outlet in a location which will
allow the unit's power cord to reach.
tMPORTANT - LOCATION OF ELECTRICAL OUTLET:
If Model 59960 is being installed in a 30" wide cabineL_
If Model 59966 is being installed in a 36" wide cabinet._
...the outlet cannot
be mocated on the back wall of
in these cases, the width of the downdraft covers nearly
the entire width of the back waII of the cabinet. So you
mount the electricat box to a side wall or cabinet floor
- at least 12 inches from the back wail.
mount the electrical box to a wall stud behind the
cabinet - where it wilI not be covered by the downd raft.
Then provide a clearance hole in the back wail of the
3. Mount a standard wiring box, with 3-pronged receptacle,
inside the cabinet. Make sure the downdraft's power cord
can easily reach it.
4. Run appropriate
power cable into cabinet and connect it
5. Plug the downdraft's power cord into the outlet.
The downdraft is factory-adjusted
for proper operation. How-
may affect the position
To adjust position of activating switch:
1. if downdraft is plugged into electrical outlet, unplug it.
2. Lift air vent straight up and cock it slightly so it remains in
the UP position.
injury or death
3. Remove switch cover from right end of air vent.
4. Loosen the 2 screws holding the switch bracket in place.
Position switch bracket so that activating switch just comes
in contact with underside
of switch membrane.
5. Repiace switch cover, gently iower air vent into chimney,
and plug in power cord. Re-connect electricai power and
1. Align the cooktop with the downdraft and fasten cooktop
aBignment of cooktop
sary to ensure that there is no interference when air vent
is raised and Ioweredo There should be a gap of 1/32"-1/16"
the back of the cooktop
and the front