_, This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to potential personal injury hazards. Obey all safety messages
that follow this symbol to avoid possible injury or death.
WARNING indicates a potentially hazardous situation which,
if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION indicates a potentially hazardous situation which,
if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
READ ALL INFORMATION
To reduce the risk of fire, burns, electric shock, injury
to persons, or exposure to excessive microwave energy
when using your appliance, follow basic precautions,
including the following
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- Read and follow the specific "PRECAUTIONS
AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE
ENERGY" on page 2.
- This appliance must be grounded. Connect only
to properly grounded outlet. See "GROUNDING
on page 4.
- Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with
the provided installation instructions.
- Some products such as whole eggs and sealed containers
--for example, closed glass jars--are
able to explode
and should not be heated in this microwave oven.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described
in this manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or
vapors in this appliance. This type of microwave oven is
specifically designed to heat, cook or dry food. It is not
designed for industrial or laboratory use.
- As with any appliance, close supervision is necessary
when used by children.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord
or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been
damaged or dropped.
- This appliance should be serviced only by qualified
service personnel. Contact nearest Electrolux Authorized
Servicer for examination, repair or adjustment.
- Do not cover or block any openings on the appliance.
- Do not store or use this appliance outdoors. Do not use
this product near water--for
example, near a kitchen
sink, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, or
- Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- See door surface cleaning instructions on page 26.
- Do not mount over a sink.
- Do not store anything directly on top of the appliance
surface when the appliance is in operation.
- To reduce the risk of fire in the microwave oven cavity:
Do not overcook
food. Carefully attend
when paper, plastic or other
are placed inside the
oven to facilitate
Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags
before placing bag in microwave oven.
inside the microwave
oven door closed, turn
oven off and disconnect the power
cord or shut off power at the fuse or circuit
Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not
leave paper products, cooking utensils or food in the
cavity when not in use.
- Liquids, such as water, coffee or tea are able to be
overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing to
be boiling. Visible bubbling or boiling when the container
is removed from the microwave oven is not always
present. THIS COULD
RESULT IN VERY HOT LIQUIDS
BOILING OVER WHEN
A SPOON OR
OTHER UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID.
To reduce the risk of injury to persons:
Do not overheat the liquid.
Stir the liquid both before and halfway through heating it.
Do not use straight-sided containers with narrow
necks. Use a wide-mouthed
After heating, allow the container to stand in the
microwave oven at least for 20 seconds before
removing the container.
Use extreme care when inserting a spoon or other
utensil into the container.
- Clean ventilation openings and grease filters frequently.
Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on
ventilation openings, louver or grease filters.
- Use care when cleaning the louver and the grease filters.
Corrosive cleaning agents, such as lye-based oven
cleaners, may damage the louver and the grease filters.
- When flaming food under the hood, turn the fan on.
- This appliance is suitable for use above both gas and
electric cooking equipment 36" wide or less.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS,