An exhaust hood should cap the vent to keep rodents and
insects from entering the home.
Exhaust hood must be at least 12" (30.5 cm) from the ground
or any object that may be in the path of the exhaust (such as
flowers, rocks or bushes, snow line, etc.).
Do not use an exhaust hood with a magnetic latch.
can cause moisture
and lint to coUect
may result in:
Moisture damage to woodwork,
wallpaper, carpets, etc=
problems and health problems.
For mobile home use
Laundry centers with gas dryers must be securely fastened to the
Mobile home installations require a Mobile Home Installation Kit.
See "Tools and Parts" section for ordering information.
1. Open the washer lid. The latch under the dryer will keep the
2. Pull the foam packing ring out of the washer.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
To protect the floor, use a large flat piece of cardboard from the
shipping carton. Gently place the laundry center on its side, on
Install the rear leveling legs
1. Push legs into holes in rear corners until they snap into place.
2. Check adjustability
of rear legs by pushing in one leg. The
other leg should come out. Check both legs. If they do not
move freely, repeat Step 1.
Install the front leveling legs
1. Examine the front leveling legs. Find the diamond marking.
2. Screw front legs by hand, into the holes in the triangular
braces in the front corners. Use wrench to finish turning the
legs until the diamond marking is no longer visible.
NOTE: Keep the foam ring and use it when transporting
laundry center. This packing material is used to keep the washer
tub stable during transport.
Proper connection of the drain hose protects your floors from
damage due to water leakage. To keep the drain hose from
coming off or leaking, it must be installed according to the
IMPORTANT: To ensure proper installation, this procedure must
be followed exactly.
1. Check the drain hose to see whether it is the proper length.
2. Wet the inside of the straight end of the drain hose with tap
IMPORTANT: Do not use any lubricant other than water.
3. Squeeze ears of the silver, double-wire
clamp with pliers to
open. Place clamp over the straight end of the drain hose
1A" (6.4 mm) from the end.
3. Stand the laundry center upright.