Intermediate Frame Snowthrowers
Auger Drive Belt Replacement
Auger must NOT rotate unless the Auger Control
lever has been depressed. Proper Auger Drive
Belt adjustments stop the auger within 5 seconds
after the Auger Control is disengaged.
1. Drain the fuel tank and run engine out of gas.
2. Disconnect spark plug wire and fasten it away from
the spark plug.
3. Remove belt cover.
4. Loosen auger belt guide and slide belt off engine pul-
ley and away from idler pulley. (See Figure 28).
5. Depress and secure both the auger and traction con-
trol levers to provide clearance for belt removal.
6. Tilt the snowthrower forward and rest it on the auger
7. Remove lower cover.
8. Loosen hex screws securing the belt stop (Figure 29),
and pivot the belt stop away from the pulley to permit
removal of belt.
9. Pull the belt out of the unit, and install the new belt on
the auger drive pulley.
10. Position belt stop to provide 1/8" clearance between
stop and belt when engaged, and tighten securely.
11. Replace lower cover.
12. Return unit to normal upright operating position.
13. Remove both control levers.
14. Install auger belt over engine pulley.
15. Adjust auger belt guide as described under ADJUST-
ING AUGER BELT GUIDE.
16. Install belt cover.
17. Connect spark plug wire and fill fuel tank.
18. Start Unit and check auger for proper operation. See
DRIVE BELT ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES if addi-
tional adjustment is necessary.
Figure 28. Auger Belt Guide Adjustment
Auger Drive Pulley
Auger Belt Stop
Figure 29. Auger Drive Pulley and Belt Stop