3" AIR SPACE
PLASTIC LEVELING FEET
DISCARD THE (4) CRATING
SCREWS AND (2) WOOD BASES
Unpacking and Leveling - Upright Freezers
Upright FreezerDoor Removal
allow door to
close and seal properly, DO NOT let
food packages extend past the front
• Choose a place that is near a grounded electrical outlet.
• The freezer should be located where surrounding temperatures will not exceed
110°F (43°C). Temperatures of 32°F (0°C) and below will NOT affect freezer
operation. Additional compressor heaters are not recommended.
• AIIowspace around the unit for good air circulation. Leavea 3 inch (75 mm) space
on all sides of the freezer for adequate circulation.
The freezer must have all bottom corners resting firmly on a solid floor, The floor must
be strong enough to support a fully loaded freezer, NOTE: It isVERYIMPORTANT for
your freezer to be level in order to function properly, If the freezer is not leveled during
installatioin, the door may be misaligned and not close or seal properly, causing
cooling, frost, or moisture problems,
To Level Upright Unit:
After discarding crating screws and wood base, use a carpenter's level to level the
freezer from front-to-back. Adjust the plastic leveling feet in front, Y2bubble higher,
so that the door closes easily when left halfway open.
To Level Chest Unit:
If needed, add metal or wood shims between feet pads and floor.
• Wash any removable parts, the freezer interior, and exterior with mild detergent
and warm water
Wipe dry DO NOT USE HARSH CLEANERS ON THESE
• Do not use razor blades or other sharp instruments, which can scratch the appliance
surface when removing adhesive labels. Any glue left from the tape can be
removed with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent, or touch the residue
with the sticky side of tape already removed DO NOT REMOVE THE SERIAL
Freezer Door Removal
If door must be removed:
1. Lift up plastic hinge cover and fold back.
2. Usea Phillips® screwdriver to loosen and retighten the screws on the top hinge to
ensure that a secure assembly and prevent hinge slippage.
3. Remove the top hinge from cabinet and lift door off the lower hinge pin.
4. After door is removed, remove the two screws from the bottom hinge.
5. To replace door, reverse above order.