THE RAPIDLY MOVING LINE CAUSES OBJECTSTO BE
THROWN VIOLENTLY. THE DEBRIS SHIELD WILL NOT
PROVIDE COMPLETE PROTECTION TO THE OPERATOR
OR OTHERS. THE OPERATOR MUST WEAR A SAFETY
FACE SHIELD OR GOGGLES. ALWAYS WEAR HEAVY,
LONG PANTSAND BOOTS. KEEP OTHERS AT LEAST50
FEET (15 METERS)AWAY.
THIS UNIT'WILL THROW OBJECTS AND CUT. KEEP OTHERS
INCLUDING CHILDREN, ANIMALS,
HELPERSAT LEAST50 FEET(15 METERS) AWAY FROM THE
OPERATOR AND UNIT. STOP THE ENGINE IF YOU ARE
APPROACHED.IN AREAS WHERE OTHER PEOPLEAND ANI-
MALS ARE PRESENT, SUCH AS NEAR SIDEWALKS,STREETS,
HOUSES, ETC. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDEDTHAT THE
OPERATORUSE THE BUDDY SYSTEM;THAT IS, HAVEANOTH-
ER PERSON SERVE AS A "LOOK-OUT," KEEPING HIMSELF
AND OTHERS AT LEAST50 FEET (15 METERS) AWAY FROM
SEMI-AUTOMATIC LINE HEAD PARTS THAT ARE CHIPPED,
CRACKED OR DAMAGEDIN ANY OTHERWAY CANFLY APARTAND
CAUSESERIOUSINJURY.DO NOT USE. REPLACEDAMAGEDPARTS
BEFORE USINGTHE UNIT.
USE ONLY GOOD QUALITY
• Always wear eye protection when operating, Servicing,
on your unit. Refer to
o Do not operate this unit when you are tired, ill, or under
the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication..
• Always wear heavy, long pants, long sleeves, boots,
and gloves Do not go barefoot or wear sandals, short
pants Loose clothing, jewelry or clothing with loosely
hanging straps, ties, tassels, etc. can be caught in
moving parts. Secure flair so it is above shoulder
length_Being tully covered will help protect you from
pieces of toxic plants such as poison ivy thrown by the
semi-automatic head, which could be more of a hazard
than touching the plant itself.
• Do not swing the unit with such force that you are in
danger of losing your'balance
• Never start or run the engine inside a closed room or
building. Breathing exhaust fumes car] kill
• Keep handles free of oil and fuel
Inspect the area to be cut before each use Remove
objects (rocks, broken glass, nails, wire, string, etc.)
which can be thrown or become entangled in the semi-
automatic line head
° Always keep the engine on the right side of your body.
• Hold the unit firmly with both hands
Keep firm footing and balance Do not over-react]
• Keep the semi-automatic line head below waist level
• Do not raise the engine above your waist.
Keep all parts of your body away from the semi-auto-
matic line head and muffler when engine is running
° Use only for jobs explained in this manual
• Cut at full throttle.
• Cut from your right to your left
Inspectthe entire unit before each use Replace dam-
aged parts. Check for fuel leaks and make sure all fas-
teners are in place and securely fastened..
Use only .080" diameter good quality monofilament
lineoNever use wire, rope, or string, etc.
• Be sure the debris shield is properly attached
• Make sure semi-automatic line head is properly
installed and securelyfastened Refer to "Assembly_"
• Make carburetor adjustments with the drive shaft
housing supported to prevent the semi-automatic line
head from contacting any object
• Keep othersaway when making carburetoradjustments
• Use only good quality SEARS accessories or attach-