PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
3. If the oil is below the brim of the
check hole, remove the oil filler
cap, add sufficient oil of the recom-
mended type to raise it to the cor-
rect level, and then install the oil
1. Transfer case oil filler cap
2. Transfer case oil level check bolt
1. Transfer case oil check hole
4. Install the oil check bolt, and then
tighten it to the specified torque.
Transfer case oil check bolt:
7.5 Nm (0.75 m·kgf, 5.4 ft·lbf)
To change the transfer case oil
1. Place an oil pan under the transfer
case to collect the used oil.
2. Remove the drain bolt and the
check bolt to drain the oil from the
1. Transfer case oil drain bolt
3. Install the drain bolt and the check
bolt, and then tighten the drain bolt
to the specified torque.
Transfer case oil drain bolt:
17.5 Nm (1.75 m·kgf, 12.7 ft·lbf)
4. Remove the oil filler cap, add the
specified amount of the recom-
mended transfer case oil, and then
install and tighten the oil filler cap.
Recommended transfer case oil:
See page 8-1.
0.40 L (0.42 US qt) (0.35 Imp.qt)
Make sure that no foreign material
enters the transfer case.
5. Start the engine and let it idle for
several minutes while checking the
transfer case for oil leakage. If oil is
leaking, immediately turn the en-
gine off and check for the cause.