The precautions noted within this guide are intended to instruct you in the safe and
correct use of the products and to prevent injuries or damage to yourself, other
persons and property. Please read and ensure that you understand them before
proceeding to other sections of the guide.
Do not play the supplied CD-ROM(s) in any CD player that does not support data CD-ROMs. Playing the
CD-ROM(s) in an audio CD player (music player) could damage the speakers. It is also possible to suffer
from hearing loss from listening with headphones to the loud sounds of a CD-ROM played on a music CD
• While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this guide is accurate and
complete, no liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions. Canon reserves the right to change
the specifications of the hardware and software described herein at any time without prior notice.
• No part of this guide may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or
translated into any language in any form, by any means, without the prior written permission of Canon.
• Canon makes no warranties for damages resulting from corrupted or lost data due to a mistaken
operation or malfunction of the camera, the software, the CompactFlash™ cards (CF cards), personal
computers, peripheral devices, or use of non-Canon CF cards.
• Canon and PowerShot are trademarks of Canon Inc.
• Adobe is trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
• CompactFlash is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation.
• iBook and iMac are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
• Macintosh, PowerBook, Power Macintosh and QuickTime are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc.,
registered in the United States and other countries.
• Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the
United States and/or other countries.
• Other names and products not mentioned above may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their
Copy © 2002 Canon Inc. All rights reserved.
Symbols Used in This Document
Indicates important items or prohibited actions that should always be observed when
operating the machine. These should always be read to avoid damage to the
machine or improper operation.
Indicates items for reference or supplementary information that should be noted by
This symbol indicates topics that could lead to death or serious injury if ignored
or handled incorrectly.