• Read all instructions before using this appliance.
• Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with these installation
• Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged electrical conduit or wires, if it
is not working properly or if it has been damaged or dropped.
• To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, observe the
a) Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by qualified person(s) in
accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including fire-rated
b) Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting of gases
through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment to prevent back
drafting. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer's guidelines and safety
standards such as those published by the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and
Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
c) When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage electrical wiring
and other hidden utilities.
d) Ducted fans must always be vented outdoors.
e) Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. If you have
questions, contact the manufacturer.
f) Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service panel and lock
the service disconnecting means to prevent power from being switched on
accidentally. When the service disconnecting means cannot be locked,
securely fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the service
• To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal ductwork.
• Grounding Instructions
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit,
grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the
electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire
with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet this is properly
installed and grounded.
• Improper grounding can result in a risk of electric shock.
• Consult a qualified electrician if the grounding instructions are not completely
understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.