Finding Information PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS GUIDE Thank you for choosing Electrolux, the new premium brand in home appliances. Attach your sales This Use & Care Guide is part of our commitment to customer satisfaction and receipt to this product quality throughout the service life of your new freezer.
WARNING WARNING WARNING Please read all safety instructions before using your new Electrolux freezer. General Safety • Do not store or use gasoline, or other flammable liquids, near this or any other appliance. Read product labels for warnings regarding flammability and other hazards.
• Do not pinch, knot, or bend the power cord in any manner. Other Precautions • Never unplug the freezer by pulling on the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the receptacle. • Turning the control to "OFF" turns off the compressor but does not disconnect power to the light bulb or other electrical components.
Feature Overview UNDERSTANDING FEATURES AND TERMS Your Electrolux freezer is designed for optimal convenience and storage flexibility. Use the illustration below to familiarize yourself with product features and terminology. 1 SPILL SAFE SLIDE OUT GLASS SHELF 2 MID LEVEL LIGHTING (BACK OF CRISPER)
Door Opening NOTE If your freezer is placed with the door hinge side against a wall, you may have to allow additional space so the door can be opened wider. Leveling The freezer must have all bottom corners resting firmly on a solid floor. The floor must be strong enough to support a fully loaded freezer.
To Level Freezer: After discarding crating screws and wood base, use a carpenter's level to level the freezer from front to back. Adjust the plastic leveling feet in front, 1/2 bubble higher, so that the door closes easily when left halfway open.
Ice Maker Installation If your freezer has an automatic ice maker, please refer to the insert in the bond pack that came with your freezer (CONNECTING ICE MAKER TO WATER SUPPLY) to correctly hook-up your ice maker.
The light comes on automatically when the door is opened. The light bulb assembly is located on the back of the freezer control box. To replace the light bulb, turn the temperature control to "OFF" and unplug the electrical cord.
Smooth Glide Crispers With Adjustable Dividers The crispers, located at the bottom of the freezer shelf, provide separate space for items that are difficult to store on freezer shelves. Dividers may be adjusted for different size items within the crisper.
• • • Tilt - Out Shelf This shelf is located inside on the freezer door and provides additional storage space. To access an item, tilt the top of "basket" shelf down. AIR FILTER Push the plastic bubble tab at the back of the control box housing.
• Refer to the "SETTING THE TEMPERATURE CONTROL" section for the suggested temperature control settings. • Do not overcrowd the freezer or block cold air vents. Doing so causes the freezer to run longer and use more energy. • Cover foods and wipe containers dry before placing them in the freezer. This cuts down on moisture build-up inside the unit.
If the power failure continues, pack seven or eight pounds of dry ice into the freezer every 24 hours. Look in the Yellow Pages under Dry Ice, Dairies or Ice Cream Manufacturers for local dry ice suppliers. Always wear gloves and use caution when handling dry ice.
Check the leveling bracket on the ice maker to ensure the ice maker is level. If the gap between the freezer wall and the ice maker is the same at top and bottom, then ice maker is level. If the ice maker is not level, loosen the screw and slide the bracket to the correct position to make it level.
• Occasionally shake the ice container to keep ice separated. • Keep the wire signal arm in its "up" or OFF position until the freezer is connected to the water supply or whenever the water supply is turned off. •...
Turning the freezer temperature control to "OFF" turns off the compressor, but does not disconnect electrical power to the light bulb or other electrical components. To turn off power to your freezer, you must unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
State of Alaska) In the U.S.A., your appliance is warranted by Electrolux Home Products, Inc. We authorize no person to change or add to any of our obligations under this warranty. Our obligations for service and parts under this warranty must be performed by us or an authorized Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
* Check house lights. Call local Electric Company. * It's normal for the Freezer to work harder under these conditions. * It takes 24 hours for the Freezer to cool down completely. * Warm food will cause Freezer to run more until the desired temperature is reached.
Bubbling or gurgling sound* Refrigerant (used to cool Freezer is circulating throughout the system. Vibrating or rattling noise. * Freezer is not level. It rocks on the floor when it is moved slightly. * Floor is uneven or weak. * Freezer is touching the wall.