Sony Corporation © 2001 Printed in China
To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not
expose the unit to rain or moisture.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference,
and (2) This device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications
not expressly approved in this manual could void
your authority to operate this equipment.
"IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - SAVE
"DANGER - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR
ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE
"For connection to a supply not in the U.S.A., use an
attachment plug adaptor of the proper configuration
for the power outlet."
How to Use
to an AC outlet
to the DC power input jack
6 ft. 6 in. (2 m)
Note on the DC plug of the AC power adaptor
This AC power adaptor uses a unified polarity type
plug (EIAJ standard). Damage will occur if it is
connected to a DC power input jack without the
polarity symbol or with another symbol. If the jack of
your audio equipment does not match the AC power
adaptor, consult your dealer.
Symbol of unified polarity type jack
DC plug diameter
in. (ø2.35 mm)
in. (ø2.35 mm)
in. (ø4.0 mm)
in. (ø4.0 mm)
in. (ø4.75 mm)
Using your AC power adaptor
You can use your AC power adaptor in any country or
area that uses 100 V to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, by
connecting a plug adaptor. If the country you visit
employs a different shaped socket, use the correct
Please consult your nearest travel bureau for the type
of the plug adaptor needed in your travels.
Do not place the AC power adaptor in a location
where it is:
• Subject to extreme high temperature
(E.g., in a car with its windows closed)
• Subject to direct sunlight or near a heat source
• Subject to mechanical vibration or shock
• Subject to a magnetic field
(E.g., near a magnet, speaker, or TV)
• Subject to excessive dust.
• Make sure the current and voltage of the equipment
matches that of the outlet.
• For safety, if the input current is too high, the unit
will automatically shut down.
• Do not connect this unit to a radio or equipment
with a radio tuner as it may cause noise.
• Do not use the unit near a TV set, radio, or
equipment with a radio tuner. If you place
equipment too close to the unit while they are being
used, you may experience some interference.
• To prevent damage, be careful not to drop or
otherwise cause a mechanical shock to the unit.
• After using, disconnect the unit from the wall outlet
and the equipment.
• Disconnect the unit from the AC outlet by pulling on
the plug. Do not pull on the cord.
• To avoid short-circuiting, do not allow the terminals
of the unit or connector to touch any metal object.
• Clean the unit with a soft, dry cloth. If the unit is
very dirty, wipe it off with a soft cloth lightly
moistened with a mild detergent solution, and then
wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Do not use any type of solvent such as alcohol,
thinner, or benzine as it may damage the finish of
• If you use any chemical cleaner, observe the
instructions provided with the product.
• If the cabinet of the unit is splashed with any type of
solvent such as insecticide, or remains in contact for
a long time with rubber or vinyl, the finish of the
cabinet may be damaged.
100 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Rated output voltage
AC-E15A DC 1.5 V
AC-E30A DC 3.0 V
AC-E45A DC 4.5 V
AC-E60A DC 6.0 V
AC-E90A DC 9.0 V
Rated output current
AC-E15A 3.8 W
AC-E30A 6.0 W
AC-E45A 7.5 W
AC-E60A 9.0 W
AC-E90A 15.0 W
20 90 mm)
Approx. 3.46 oz (108 g)
Design and specifications are subject to change