• MSC (Mass Storage Class)-type USB
devices (such as a USB flash drive, digital
media player, Android phone) compliant
with the USB standard can be used.
Depending on the digital media player or
Android phone, setting the USB
connection mode to MSC is required.
• Backup of data to a USB device is
• Connect the USB device after starting the
Depending on the USB device, malfunction or
damage may occur if it is connected before
starting the engine.
• Corresponding codec is MP3 (.mp3), WMA
(.wma), AAC (.m4a) and AAC (.mp4).
• For details on the compatibility of your USB
device, visit the support site on the back cover.
Playing back a USB device
Open the USB cover, then connect the
USB device to the USB port.
If a USB device is already connected, to start
playback, press repeatedly
until "USB" appears.
To stop playback, press and hold
for 1 second.
To remove the USB device, stop the USB
playback, then remove the USB device.
• Do not use USB devices so large or heavy that
they may fall down due to vibration, or cause a
• Do not detach the front panel during playback
of the USB device, otherwise USB data may be
Changing display items
Displayed items may differ depending on
the USB device, recording format and
• The maximum number of tracks is 10,000.
• It may take time for playback to begin,
depending on the amount of recorded data.
• During playback or fast-forward/reverse of a
VBR (Variable Bit Rate) MP3/WMA/AAC file,
elapsed playing time may not display
• Playback of the following MP3/WMA/AAC
files is not supported.
– lossless compression files
– copyright-protected files
– DRM (Digital Rights Management) files
– Multi-channel audio files