Read This First
• While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in
this guide is accurate and complete, no liability can be accepted for any errors
or omissions. Canon reserves the right to change the specifications of the
hardware and software described herein at any time without prior notice.
• No part of this guide may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a
retrieval system, or translated into any language in any form, by any means,
without the prior written permission of Canon.
• Canon makes no warranties for damages resulting from corrupted or lost data
due to mistaken operation or malfunction of the camcorder, the software,
memory cards (MultiMediaCards or SD Memory Cards), personal computers,
or peripheral devices, or due to use of a memory card not formatted by a
• Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc.
• Macintosh and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in
the United States and other countries.
• iPhoto and QuickTime are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
• Other names and products not mentioned above may be registered
trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
© Canon Inc. 2004 All rights reserved.
Do not play the supplied CD-ROM(s) in any CD player that does not support
data CD-ROMs. Playing the CD-ROM(s) in an audio CD player (music player)
could damage the speakers. It is also possible to suffer from hearing loss from
listening with headphones to the loud sounds of a CD-ROM played on a music
MPEG-4 Visual Consumer Recorded Video Decoders and/or Encoders
USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN ANY MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-4
VISUAL STANDARD IS PROHIBITED, EXCEPT FOR USE BY A CONSUMER
ENGAGING IN PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES.