Before You Begin Make sure you installed ink cartridges and loaded paper in the printer as described on the Start Here sheet. Make sure that your wireless router or access point is set up and working correctly. Then follow the instructions in this guide to set up the printer for use on a network.
Connecting to Your Wireless Network To add the printer to your wireless network, you need to know the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If it has security enabled, you also need to know the security mode and WEP key or WPA passphrase. Enter your network and security information in the space provided below: Network name (SSID): ____________________________________________ Security mode (select one):...
Enabling Wireless Communication 1. If necessary, press the button on the printer control panel to return to Home the Home menu. 2. Press l or r to select , then press Setup 3. Press l or r to select , then press Network Settings 4.
6. Press d to select , then press Enable 7. Press d to select , then press Manual Wireless LAN Setup 8. Press to continue. 9. Press u to select , then press Connecting to Your Wireless Network...
10. Press to select Infrastructure Mode Continue with the next section. Searching for Your Wireless Network 1. Press to select Search SSID 2. Press u or d to select the name of your wireless network, and press . Then continue with “Selecting Security Settings” on page 8. Connecting to Your Wireless Network...
If your network name isn’t listed, try the following: ■ Make sure that your wireless router or access point is turned on and working correctly. Press the button to return to the previous screen, Back press to select , then repeat step 2. Search SSID ■...
Selecting Security Settings 1. Press u or d to select the security mode that your wireless network is using. Note: None If your wireless network doesn’t have security enabled, select 2. Press 3. Do one of the following: ■ If your wireless network doesn’t have security enabled, see “Confirming Your Network Settings”...
Selecting WPA Security Settings 1. Enter your WPA passphrase. Note: If your WPA passphrase contains upper- or lowercase letters, be sure to enter them correctly. ■ Press to switch between uppercase ( ), lowercase ( ), or Menu numeric ( ) characters.
Selecting WEP Security Settings 1. Press u or d to select if your WEP key is ASCII, or select Alphanumeric if your WEP key is in hexadecimal format. Hexadecimal Note: If the WEP key is 5 or 13 characters, it’s ASCII. If the WEP key is 10 or 26 characters, it’s hexadecimal.
Confirming Your Network Settings 1. When you see a screen like this one, verify that the settings are correct. If you need to change a setting, press until you see the setting you need to Back change. 2. Once you have verified that your network settings are correct, press to save the settings and return to the Network Settings menu.
Confirming Your Wireless Connection Wait for the printer to connect to your wireless network. Once it’s connected, you see a wireless signal strength indicator in the top right corner of the printer’s LCD screen. Not connected Connected Continue with the steps in the next section to install software. Note: If the printer doesn’t connect to your wireless network after 90 seconds, the WEP key or WPA passphrase may have been entered incorrectly.
3. Click Install 4. When you see this screen, select Install driver for network connection click Next 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software for your product. Note: These installations take several minutes to complete. Installing Software...
6. Select , then click Set up an additional computer to use this printer Next Note: Make sure you select Set up an additional computer to use this printer even if this is the first time that you’re installing the printer. 7.
Note: Make sure that you allow network access for Epson EasyInstall. In Windows, verify that the publisher is SEIKO EPSON, then click Unblock. In Mac OS X, configure your firewall software to allow network access for Epson EasyInstall. 10. Select the printer you want to install, then click...
3. Wait for the software installation to complete, then click Next 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to print a test page and finish the installation. When installation is complete, you’re ready to scan and print. See your printed documentation and on-screen Epson Information Center for details. Finishing the Installation...
3. Follow the steps on the right side of the screen to add your EPSON TCP/IP printer. Note: It may take up to 90 seconds for your computer to find the EPSON TCP/IP printer on the network. Finishing the Installation...
6. Continue with the steps in the next section to configure your scanner for use over the network. Configuring Epson Scan Network Settings Before you can scan over the network, you need to configure Epson Scan network settings. 1. If necessary, press the...
Note: Your printer’s settings will be different from the ones shown above. 6. From the Finder menu, select > Utilities 7. Double-click the icon. EPSON Scan Settings 8. This screen appears twice. Click both times it appears. Finishing the Installation...
9. Select as the Connection setting. Network 10. Click . You see this screen: 11. Select the IP address that you wrote down in step 5. Note: To rename the scanner, type a name for it in the Scanner Name text box. Finishing the Installation...
12. Click 13. Click again to close the EPSON Scan Settings window. Note: If the printer’s IP address changes, you will need to repeat steps 1 through 13 to reconfigure Epson Scan network settings. You’re ready to scan and print. See your printed documentation and on-screen Epson Information Center for details.
■ Make sure there aren’t any access restrictions (such as MAC address filtering) set on the wireless router or access point. If access restrictions are set, register the printer’s MAC address on the router or access point. Print a Network Status Sheet (see page 25) to obtain the MAC address.
The printer does not appear in the Add Printer window (Mac OS X) Make sure the printer driver was installed correctly and that your computer’s TCP/IP settings are configured correctly. Printing Problems Cannot print over the network ■ Print a Network Status Sheet (see page 25) and verify that the network settings are correct.
Scanning Problems Cannot find the scanner or start Epson Scan ■ If you’re using Mac OS X, make sure that you configured the Epson Scan network settings (see page 18). ■ If network communication was interrupted while starting Epson Scan, exit Epson Scan, and restart it after a few seconds.
Printing a Network Status Sheet 1. Load a few sheets of plain paper. 2. If necessary, press the button on the printer control panel to return to Home the Home menu. 3. Press l or r to select , then press Setup 4.
Resetting Network Settings 1. If necessary, press the button on the printer control panel to return to Home the Home menu. 2. Press l or r to select , then press Setup 3. Select , then press Restore Default Settings 4.
(excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with Seiko Epson Corporation’s operating and maintenance instructions. Seiko Epson Corporation shall not be liable for any damages or problems arising from the use of any options or any consumable products other than those designated as Original Epson Products or Epson Approved Products by Seiko Epson Corporation.