power to outlet.
Remove all contents from upper cabinet.
Place Upper Cabinet Template against the bottom of the
upper cabinet, and attach with tape or thumbtacks.
the template centerline aligns with the vertical centerline on
the rear wall.
The "rear wall" arrows must be against the rear wall so that the
holes cut into the upper cabinet align with the holes in the top
of the microwave oven.
NOTE: If the upper cabinet has a frame around it, trim the
template edges so that it fits inside the frame, against the upper
cabinet bottom. The template has trim lines to use as guides.
4. Make sure the 83/4 '' (22.2 cm) dimension from the rear wall to
points "D," "E" and "H" on the template is maintained.
5. Cut the 1W' (3.8 cm) diameter hole at the circular shaded area
"G" on the template. This hole is for the power supply cord.
NOTE: If upper cabinet is metal, the supply cord bushing needs to
be installed around the supply cord hole, as shown.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
IMPORTANT: The control side of the microwave oven is the heavy
side. Handle the microwave oven gently.
1. Place the 1/4-28 x 3V4" flat-head bolts inside upper cabinet
near the 1/2" (13 mm) holes.
2. Make sure the microwave oven door is closed and taped shut.
3. Using 2 or more people, lift microwave oven and hang it on
support tabs at the bottom of mounting plate.
NOTE: To avoid damage to the microwave oven, do not grip or
use the door or door handle while the microwave oven is being
A. Metal cabinet
B. Power supply cord bushing
6. Drill 1/2" (13 mm) holes at points "D," "E" and "H" on the
template. These are for three 1/4-20 x 3" bolts used to secure
the microwave oven to the upper cabinet.
For Roof Venting Installation Only
7. Cut 3/4" (19 mm) hole at one corner of the shaded rectangular
area "F" on Upper Cabinet Template.
8. Using a keyhole saw, cut out the rectangular area.
A. Mounting plate
4. With front of microwave oven still tilted, thread power supply
cord through the power supply cord hole in the bottom of the
5. Rotate microwave oven up toward upper cabinet.
A. Damper assembly (roof venting installation only)
NOTE: If venting through the wall, make sure the damper
assembly fits easily into the vent in the wall cutout.