Safety precautions/ Notes
To prevent injury or fire, take the following
• To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside
• Mounting and wiring this product requires skills and
experience. For safety's sake, leave the mounting
and wiring work to professionals.
To prevent damage to the machine, take
the following precautions:
• Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
• Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid
places with too much dust or the possibility of
• Use only the screws provided or specified for
installation. If you use wrong screws, you could
damage the unit.
• When drilling a hole in the car to fix the brackets,
make sure not to damage the fuel tank, brake tube,
harnesses, etc. on the other side.
• If you experience problems during installation,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
• If the unit does not seem to be working right, try
pressing the reset button on the control unit first.
If that does not solve the problem, consult your
• When the reset button is pressed, the SIRIUS satellite
radio becomes ready to receive after approximately