Questions? Call 800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or Visit our Website at: ge.com
In Canada, call 1.800.561.3344 or Visit our Website at: www.geappliances.ca
IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF
• This product must be installed by a licensed
plumber or gas fitter.
• When using ball-type gas shut-off valves, they
shall be the T-handle type.
• A flexible gas connector, when used, must not
exceed 3 feet.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely
for local inspector's use.
codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer – Be sure to leave these
instructions with the Consumer.
• Note to Consumer – Keep these instructions for
• Product failure due to improper installation is not
covered under the Warranty.
appliance shall be conducted according to the
• Proper installation is the responsibility of the
installer and product failure due to improper
installation is NOT covered under warranty.
power at the main circuit breaker
or fuse box before installing.
31-10808 (07-11 GE)
— Save these instructions
— Observe all governing
— This appliance must be
— Leak testing of the
— Disconnect all electrical
36" Sealed Gas Cooktop
PGP976, PGP986, CGP650
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
manual is not followed exactly, a fire, explosion
or gas leak may result causing property damage,
personal injury or death.
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any
• Do not try to light any appliance. Do not touch
any electrical switch; do not use any phone in
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a
neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the
Installation and service must be performed by
a qualified installer, service agency or the gas
This cooktop has been certified by UL. You'll find
safety precautions in your Owner's Manual. Read
• Installation of this cooktop must conform with
local codes or in the absence of local codes with
the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA
• Be sure your cooktop is installed properly by a
qualified installer or service technician.
• To eliminate reaching over surface burners,
cabinet storage above burner should be avoided.
• Do not install the unit near an outside door or
where a draft may affect its use.
— If the information in this
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL