12. Do not add or mix any flammable or explosive substances to the wash. 13. Do not try to remove clothes while the tub is moving. Let it come to a complete stop before use. 14. The appliance loading door must be closed when tub is spinning.
The wall receptacle MUST be properly grounded. 22. Hydrogen gas may be produced if the water heater has not been used in more then 2 weeks. This could be explosive and can explode under certain circumstances.
10/22/01 11:39 AM Page 4 English Table Of Contents PAGE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS ..............1 Understanding Your “Hand Wash” Washer..........4 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS ............5 Parts and Features................5-6 Operations ....................7 Normal Operating Sounds..............16 Care and Cleaning Guide ............17 Cleaning and Maintenance ..............17 Moving and Vacationing ..............18 Storage of Your Washer ..............18...
This gentle, but effective process pro- tects your clothes from wear and tear. Pendulum Wash: The water is being sprayed from the left to right direction during the wash and rinse cycle to give you the best cleaning results for your clothes.
1. Folding Top Lid 6. Pulsator 2. Detergent/Softener Dispenser 7. Washer Cabinet 3. Control Panel 8. Front Leveling Legs 4. Balance Display (Leveling Indicator) 9. Inner Tub 5. Lint Filter 10. Cabinet Handle (Located on both sides of the washer)
XQB60-91AF MANUAL 10/22/01 11:39 AM Page 7 English 1. Cold Water Inlet Valve 4. Rear Leveling Legs 2. Hot Water Inlet Valve 5. Power Cord (115 Volt / 60 Hz) 3. Drain Hose Connection 6. Power Cord Holder Clip...
OPERATIONS Understanding the Control Panel Power Button: (1) • Press the button once to operate the washer. Press the button once again to turn the washer "OFF". Start/Pause Button: (2) • Press this button once to start the wash process. Press this button once again to pause the activity during the wash cycle.
Current Button: (6) • This button allows you to select current level from Soft to Strong position for selected cycles. Press the current button to go up and down the levels. (See pg. 12 under "Selecting Current Level" section for more details) Water Level Button: (7) •...
• Load each item loosely. • Separate the white and colored clothes. Separate heavy fabrics from light fabrics. • Carefully check all pockets and cuffs for small items. They can easily slide in to the tub and may damage the tub.
Filter • The filter is located in side the washer at the upper middle back part of the drum right under the detergent dispenser. There is a small nylon bag that will collect the lint and residue from the clothes during the wash cycle.
This is used for work & play, household linens and heavy to lightly soiled cottons clothes. This cycle is approximately 48 minutes. Note: If you want to select "Soak" option when using this cycle, press "Select Button" five times to set this option. You will see Soak...
Spin Option: In this cycle, the water is extracted from the clothes by spinning of the drum at the end of the cycle, so your clothes are not as damp when taking out to dry. The spin time varies for each cycle.
Note: • For normal, synthetic and gentle cycle, you can select water level between 1-10 position. • In the quick cycle mode the water level is preset to the 2nd position. The washer begins to wash clothes once the water has reached the 2nd level.
"Start/Pause" button to start the washer. If you want to pause during the cycle operation, simply press "Start/Pause" button. This will stop the activity during the cycle operation until you press this button again to resume the cycle.
• The time will delay by 1 hour for every time you press the button • During this cycle if you want to cancel, you must turn the power off and reselect the option. End of Cycle Signal: The machine will beep at the end of the cycle, indicating that the washing is complete.
3. Selecting the cycle: Note: If you choose to keep the "Auto Presets" of the cycle, skip to step # 5. If you choose to change any or all of the preset options, continue with step # 4. There may be some restrictions when choosing selected options.
You must remove it and rinse in a sink or remove debris with a soft brush. • The filter screen of the water inlet valve is likely to be blocked by some soil or residue. Please clean it with brush monthly.
• Reinstall the foam base/styrofoam at the bottom to prevent internal part from shaking when the washer is moving to another location. This is used to secure the washer from shipping damage due to vibration and shock. Storage of Your Appliance in Cold Environment •...
• Check if the electrical wall receptacle is of proper voltage. • Check if the circuit breaker needs to be reset or if the fuse needs to be replaced. • Check if the washer is overloaded: load may need to be re-balanced and clothes may need to be redistributed.
Check the position of the drain hose. • There may be some water flowing out of the drain hose in the first use of the machine. This is due to the remaining water left in the tub at the factory to inspect...
• Due to not pouring enough detergent for large loads. Clothes may turn gray or yellow shade. • Clothes are ripped & have holes: this is due to sharp objects such as pins and belt buckles left in pockets. You will need to remove small loose sharp objects. Fasten belts, zippers, metal snaps etc.
5. Drain hose clamp 6. Drain hook (goose neck) 7. Quick sink faucet adapter 8. Washers Casters (Model: CK2001) Sold Separately Note: If you want to purchase caster kit to put on your washer, please call 1-877-337-3639 or go to nearest authorized retailer.
• If the washer is leveled properly, the "Air Bubble" will be at the center. • If the washer is not leveled properly, you will see that "Air Bubble" is either at left, right, front or back. You may need to find the flat hard surface to put the washer...
1. You must first lay down the washer on its rear side. 2. Insert the panel to the bottom of the machine. 3. Get a screwdriver to tighten the screw in the hole of the panel and the unit at the bottom of the washer. (8 screws are supplied) 4.
Note: “Y Adaptor” shown in above figure is only for illustration. It is not provided in the box as an accessory. If you need to utilize this type of hookup, you can pur- chase a “Y Adaptor” from your nearest hardware store.
11:39 AM Page 27 English Installing Quick Sink Adapter: When installing quick sink faucet adapter to the faucet, follow the steps below: For Outside Thread A. First remove the aerator from your faucet nozzle and determine the size/type of the faucet.
Haier dealer or service center. no cost, as indicated below, to replace said Damage from incorrect electrical current, part as a result of a defect in materials or voltage or supply. workmanship. Haier is solely responsible for Damage resulting from any product the cost of the part.
Page 31 IMPORTANT Do Not Return This Product To The Store If you have a problem with this product, please contact the "Haier Customer Satisfaction Center" at 1-877-337-3639. DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY SERVICE 240 V, 60 Hz Made in China Haier America Trading, L.L.C.