Some of the features of the TCO'03 Display requirements:
• Good visual ergonomics and image quality in order to improve the working environment for
the user and to reduce sight and strain problems. Important parameters are luminance,
contrast, resolution, reflectance, colour rendition and image stability.
• Energy-saving mode after a certain time – beneficial both for the user and the environment
• Electrical safety
• Electromagnetic fields
• Noise emissions
• The product must be prepared for recycling and the manufacturer must have a certified
environmental management system such as EMAS or ISO 14 001.
• Restrictions on:
- chlorinated and brominated flame retardants and polymers
- heavy metals such as cadmium, mercury and lead.
The requirements included in this label have been developed by TCO Development in co-
operation with scientists, experts, users as well as manufacturers all over the world. Since the
end of the 1980s TCO has been involved in influencing the development of IT equipment in a
more user-friendly direction. Our labelling system started with displays in 1992 and is now
requested by users and IT-manufacturers all over the world.
The display you have just purchased carries the TCO'03 Displays
label. This means that your display is designed, manufactured and
tested according to some of the strictest quality and environmental
requirements in the world. This makes for a high performance
product, designed with the user in focus that also minimizes the
impact on our natural environment.
For more information, please visit