You can select the time interval in minutes before
the unit turns off automatically.
Press SLEEP to select among OFF, 120, 90, 60, 45,
30, 15 and 5 minutes.
The SLEEP icon lights on the display when sleep
mode is activated.
View Remaining Sleep Time
When sleep is activated, press SLEEP once to
view remaining sleep time.
Adjust VOLUME on the main unit or press VOL
on the remote control to adjust volume
level. The volume level shows briefly on the
display to show the change in volume level.
Press BASS BOOST to turn on/off boosting the
bass frequency. The BASS BOOST icon lights on
the display when it is activated.
MUTE on the remote to cut the sound.
Adjust Sleep Time
Press SLEEP again when the remaining sleep time
is displayed to change sleep time.
Sleep is automatically de-activated when
the unit is turned off.
Using Preset Equalizer Curves
Press EQ on the remote control to toggle among
FLAT, ROCK, POP, JAZZ, CLASSIC and CUSTOM.
The display shows your selection briefly.
Creating a Custom Curve
1. Press EQ on the remote control to select
2. While CUSTOM is displayed, press SKIP
or SKIP FORWARD
to cycle among displayed bass- and treble -
3. While BAS or TRE is displayed, adjust VOLUME
to set the associated gain between -10 - +10.
Important CD and MP3/WMA
This unit is compatible with
CD-R / RW
CD-RW/ CD-R discs for
Notes on CD-R/RW Disc:
• Do not affix any type of labels to either
side (recordable or labeled side) of a
CD-R/RW disc as this may result in
• To avoid damages to the CD-R/RW disc, do
not open the disc compartment door while
the disc is being read.
• Do not load an unrecorded CD-R/RW disc
into the unit. It may take a longer time
to read the disc.
• Playback capability for CD-RW discs
may vary due to variations in the
quality of the CD-RW disc and the
recorder used to create the disc.
Notes on MP3/WMA Disc:
• Use .mp3 as the extension when converting
audio files into MP3 for saving onto
CD-R/RW, e.g. Abc08.mp3.
Do not use any other extension e.g. .doc,
• Do not use the .mp3 extension for other
text or non-audio data files as this may
result in serious malfunction and harmful
• For better quality in MP3/WMA disc
playback, the CD quality should be
recorded 128kbps or above.
• Disc data size > 650MB is not
• Total files and folders in the disc should
not exceed 512, it also depends on the
length of the file/folder names.
• For mixed mode discs, only one mode will
be selected for playback depending on the
• To ensure good performance, wait until
the disc changer completely reads the disc
• MP3 files in CD ROM EXTRA format disc
cannot be recognized.