Using Preset Equalizer Curves
Press ROCK/CLASSIC, CUSTOM/FLAT, POP/JAZZ on the
main unit or EQ on the remote to toggle among
FLAT, ROCK, JAZZ, POP, CLASSICAL & CUSTOM. The
display shows briefly the selection.
Creating a Custom Curve
1. Press CUSTOM/FLAT to select CUSTOM mode.
2. While "CUSTOM" is displayed, press SKIP FOR-
among displayed bass-, mid-, and treble - range lev-
COMPACT DISC AUDIO
1. Press SOURCE repeatedly to select CD mode.
2. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the drawer.
3. Insert up to five discs with label face up. (Press DISC
SKIP to rotate the disc carrier.)
4. Press OPEN/CLOSE to close the drawer. Loaded disc
position icon lights.
Press PLAY/PAUSE to begin or pause play, and STOP
to stop play.
Select a specific disc by pressing DISC 1 - DISC 5.
Press SKIP FORWARD
to select a specific track.
3. While BAS or TRE is dis-
played, adjust VOLUME to set
the associated gain between -
10 - +10.
DIGITAL AUDIO SYSTEM
5 DISC CHANGER
S I M U L T A N E O U S P L A Y A N D L O A D S Y S T E M
Boosting the bass
Press Bass Boost to turn on/off boosting the bass
Press MUTE on the
remote to cut the sound. (Remote Only)
Press X-SURROUND to enjoy enriched sound quality.
This feature gives you:
1. Better width and depth for vocal and instrumental
2. More powerful presence for studio recording.
3. Enhanced surround effects with greater flexibility
in positioning speakers.
Play and load simultaneously by:
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the tray while a CD is
2. Load/change discs for available trays by pressing
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE to close the tray.
Shuffling the Play Order
Press SHUFFLE to turn on/off the playing of tracks in
random order. (Remote Only)
Press INTRO to play the first 10 seconds of each track
on the current disc, all discs in the tray, or turn INTRO
mode off. (Remote Only)
(Note: You may also press REPEAT to select 1 disc or
all discs before activating INTRO & SHUFFLE func-
Tip: While playing a CD, press
and hold SKIP-FORWARD or
BACKWARD for more than 2 sec-
onds to search through the CD.