3. Transfer audio files to your player with either of the two methods below:
• Yahoo! Music
Congratulations on purchasing your new RCA player.
Please read these instructions for quick tips on using the player.
1. Install the PC software from the CD* before connecting your player.
2. Connect your player to your computer.
• The player charges automatically every time you connect it to your computer.
It should charge for at least 3 hours before using for the first time.
Note: The USB cable provided is dedicated for this player only. DO NOT connect this player
to the computer with any other USB cable. DO NOT plug this USB cable in other USB
Tocom: 5641993C (EN/E)
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
5. Convert and transfer video files to
• Windows Explorer: drag-and-drop
Windows® XP or Windows Vista
audio files to the Internal Storage
installed from the CD): drag-and-drop
folder (Windows Vista
) or the Media
audio files from your Yahoo My Music
folder (Windows® XP) of the player.
library to the player.
For Windows® 2000 users, drag-and-
drop files to the player's drive letter.
6. Disconnect the player from the
Learn more about the player
• Read the user manual on the CD for more information on the player's features,
• The player is also compatible with most PC music management softwares.
• For details on file transfer, refer to Transferring Files to the Player in the
user manual on the CD.
Need more help?
• Visit www.rcaaudiovideo.com/downloads for the latest firmware, driver
4. Transfer image files to the Internal Storage folder (Windows Vista
the Media folder (Windows® XP) or to the root directory (in Windows®
2000) of your player by Windows Explorer as shown in step 3.
your player by using the RCA
SMV Video Converter (installed
from the CD): drag-and-drop video
files from Windows Explorer to
the converter and check the box
as shown on the right before
computer and enjoy music/video
on the go.
Check this box
safety and warranty information, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Turn on the player
Turn off the player
Do not return this product to the store.
Lock the keys
Browse for an audio/video file
downloads and FAQ
Play an audio/video file
Pause the playback
Earphones Jack/USB jack/
Line-in recording jack
Adjust the volume
Skip to the next audio/video file
Skip to the previous audio/video file
Rewind or fast forward an audio/video
Access the Library menu (to access the
fast forward button
Music, Audio Books, Voice Recs, Line-in
Recs, My Selection, Pictures and Video)
Acess the Player's menu (to access the
Shuffle, Repeat, DSP, Slideshow, Clear
MySel, Settings and System Info)
Reset the player (if it is not responding)
For information on new and upcoming products and to register your new player,
Press and hold
to go back or advance in the
file menu and press + or – to scroll up or
down to the desired audio file
P.O. Box 1976
Indianapolis, IN 46206-1976
© 2007 Thomson Inc.
, press again to resume
Press + or – during playback
within the beginning 4 seconds of
the current audio file
Press and hold
Press M once if you are in the playback
screen. Press twice if you are in the Home
Press the RESET button on the back of the
player with a non-metal pointed object