Cisco 794x/796x Reference Guide
1) Handset with indicator light. Blinks when phone rings, stays lit when you have a message.
2) LCD screen. Displays features such as time, date and calls.
3) Cisco IP Phone model type. Will be 7940, 7941, 7960 or 7961 depending on job function.
4) Line or speed dial button. 794x models have 2, 796x have 6.
5) Footstand adjustment. Raises or lowers the phone.
6) Directories button. Provides call history and company directory.
7) ? button. Provides information on the next key pressed.
8) Settings button. Change phone ring and contrast from here.
9) Speaker button. Turns the speaker on and off.
10) Mute button. Turns mute on or off.
11) Headset button. Turns headset on or off, if applicable.
12) Volume button. Increases or decreases ring volume when not on a call, increases in-call volume when on a call.
13) Services button. Not available at this time.
14) Messages button. Allows for retrieval of voice messages.
15) Navigation button. Allows scrolling through menus on the LCD display.
16) Dial pad. Same as any other phone.
17) Soft keys. These will change depending on the current mode of the phone.