TOSHIBA TEC Europe Label Printer B-SV4T-GS10-QM Owner’s manual Owner’s Manual Mode d’emploi Bedienungsanleitung Manual de instrucciones Gebruikershandleiding Manuale Utente Manual do Utilizador...
The EA10953 AC adapter should be exclusively used for the B-SV4T series printer. The B-SV4T Series printer must be powered by the EA10953 AC adapter. (for CANADA only) Copyright © 2004 by TOSHIBA TEC Europe Retail Information Systems S.A. All Rights Reserved Celideestraat 33, Brussels, Belgium (for USA only)
Do not attempt to effect repairs or modifications to this equipment. If a fault occurs that cannot be rectified using the procedures described in this manual, turn off the power, unplug the machine, then contact your authorised TOSHIBA TEC representative for assistance. This symbol indicates warning items (including cautions).
Request Regarding Maintenance Utilize our maintenance services. After purchasing the machine, contact your authorised TOSHIBA TEC representative for assistance once a year to have the inside of the machine cleaned. Otherwise, dust will build up inside the machines and may cause a fire or a malfunction. Cleaning is particularly effective before humid rainy seasons.
GLOSSARIES CAUTION! 1. This manual may not be copied in whole or in part without prior written permission of TOSHIBA TEC. 2. The contents of this manual may be changed without notification. 3. Please refer to your local Authorized Service representative with regard to any queries you may have in this manual.
You should read it carefully to help you gain maximum performance and life from your printer. This manual should be kept close at hand for everyday reference. Please contact your TOSHIBA TEC representative for further information concerning this manual. This printer has the following features: •...
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW • When purchasing the power cord Since the power cord set is not enclosed in this unit, please purchase an approved one that meets the following standard from your Authorised TOSHIBA TEC representative. Certification Country Agency mark...
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW 1.5 Appearance 1.5.1 Dimensions 1.5.2 Front View 1.5.3 Rear View ENGLISH VERSION The names of the parts or units introduced in this section are used in the following chapters. 213 mm (W) x 314 mm (L) x 188 mm (H) USB Interface Connector Parallel Interface Connector (Centronics) Serial Interface Connector (RS-232C)
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW 1.5.4 Interior WARNING! Do not touch the print head or around it just after printing. You may get burned as the print head becomes very hot during printing. 1.5.5 Button and Indicator Lamp ENGLISH VERSION Print Head Cover Open Sensor Media Guide...
• For best results, and longer printer life, use only TOSHIBA TEC recommended media. • Store the media in accordance with the specifications.
Windows application. The printer can also be controlled with its own programming commands. For details, please contact your TOSHIBA TEC reseller. 2.3 Turning the Printer ON/OFF 2.3.1 Turning ON the Printer CAUTION! Use the power switch to turn the printer On/Off.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.3.2 Turning OFF the Printer CAUTION! 1. Do not turn off the printer power while the media is being printed as this may cause a paper jam or damage to the printer. 2. Do not turn off the printer power while the Green Indicator Lamp is flashing as this may cause damage...
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.5 Connecting the Power Adapter and the Power Cord NOTES: 1. Since the power cord is not enclosed in this printer, please purchase a proper one after referring to page 1-2. 2. The EA10953 AC adapter should be exclusively used for the B-SV4 Series printer.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.6 Loading the Media WARNING! 1. Do not touch any moving parts. To reduce the risk of fingers, jewellery, clothing, etc. being drawn into the moving parts, be sure to load the media once the printer has stopped moving completely.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.6 Loading the Media (Cont.) NOTES: 1. The Feed Gap Sensor can be correctly positioned by engaging the Protrusion of the Media Sensor with the centre guide. 2. The Black Mark Sensor is fully adjustable. CAUTION! To separate the printed media from the media roll in batch mode, be sure to tear off the media at the Media...
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.6 Loading the Media (Cont.) NOTE: When the media is correctly set, the backing paper is supposed to be pinched by the Platen and the Strip Feed Roller as shown below. Strip Plate Label Strip Feed Roller Platen Backing Paper WARNING!
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.6 Loading the Media (Cont.) When a media roll has an outside diameter exceeding 127 mm (5”) or an inner core diameter of 38.1 mm (1.5”), the optional External Media Roll Hanger will be required. 1. Fit the protrusions on the bottom of the printer into the holes in the External Media Roll Hanger.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.7 Loading the Ribbon Paper Core Ribbon Spindle Back Hub Front Hub The printer automatically detects if a ribbon is installed after power on and will switch to thermal transfer or direct thermal printing mode. If the printer does not detect a ribbon (direct thermal mode), the motor that drives the ribbon spindles will be turned off.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.8 Media Sensor Calibration, Self Print Test, and Dump Mode Utilities 2.8.1 Media Sensor Calibration NOTE: The Transmissive Sensor (Feed Gap Sensor) has been selected as factory default. 2.8.2 Self Print Test and Dump Mode 2.8 Media Sensor Calibration, Self Print Test, and Dump Mode Utilities This utility is used to calibrate the sensitivity of the Feed Gap/Black Mark Sensor.
2. PRINTER SETUP 2.8.2 Self Print Test and Dump Mode (Cont.) NOTE: The following commands should not affect the test print issue. D, AX, XS, Z2;1, Z2;2 (without 2.8 Media Sensor Calibration, Self Print Test, and Dump Mode Utilities Print test label sample PRINTER INFO.
NOTE: Please purchase the Print Head Cleaner from the authorized TOSHIBA TEC service representative. This chapter describes how to perform routine maintenance. To ensure the continuous high quality operation of your printer, you should perform a regular maintenance routine. For high throughput it should be done on a daily basis.
3. MAINTENANCE 3.1.2 Platen/Sensors 3.1.3 Cover CAUTION! Do not use any volatile solvents including thinner and benzene, as this may cause discoloration or distortion of the cover. 1. Wipe the Platen with a soft cloth moistened with alcohol. 2. Remove dust or paper particles from the Media Sensor and Cover Open Sensor using an air blower.
3. MAINTENANCE 3.2 Care/Handling of the Media CAUTION! Be sure to carefully review and understand the Supply Manual. Use only media which meets specified requirements. Use of non- specified media may shorten the head life and result in problems with bar code readability or print quality.
This chapter lists the error messages, possible problems, and their solutions. If a problem cannot be solved by taking actions described in this chapter, do not attempt to repair the printer. Turn off and unplug the printer. Then contact an authorised TOSHIBA TEC service representative for assistance.
APPENDIX 1 SPECIFICATIONS APPENDIX 1 SPECIFICATIONS Appendix 1 describes the printer specifications and supplies for use on the B-SV4T printer. A1.1 Printer The following are the printer specifications. Item Supply voltage AC100 to 240V, 50/60 Hz Power consumption During a print job 100 to 120V: 2.1A, 49.0W maximum, 200 to 240V: 2.1A, 49.9W maximum During standby 100 to 120V: 0.13A, 4.0W maximum, 200 to 240V: 0.16A, 3.8 W maximum...
The above options are available from your nearest TOSHIBA TEC representative or TOSHIBA TEC Head Quarters. A1.3 Media Please make sure that the media to be used is approved by TOSHIBA TEC. The warranties do not apply to problems caused by using media that is not approved by TOSHIBA TEC.
Inner core diameter NOTES: 1. To ensure print quality and print head life use only TOSHIBA TEC approved media. 2. When using a media roll of 76.2-mm (3”) inner core diameter, the 3”-Diameter Media Shaft included in the optional External Media Roll Hanger is required.
5. Line weight should be 3 to 12 dots. A1.4 Ribbon Please make sure that the ribbon being used is approved by TOSHIBA TEC. The warranty does not apply to any problem caused by using non-approved ribbons. For information regarding TOSHIBA TEC approved ribbon, please contact a TOSHIBA TEC service representative.
APPENDIX 1 SPECIFICATIONS APPENDIX 2 INTERFACE Interface Cables To prevent radiation and reception of electrical noise, the interface cables must meet the following requirements: • Fully shielded and fitted with metal or metallized connector housings. • Keep as short as possible. •...
GLOSSARIES GLOSSARIES Bar code A code which represents alphanumeric characters by using a series of black and white stripes in different widths. Bar codes are used in various industrial fields: Manufacturing, Libraries, Retail, Transportation, Warehousing, etc. Reading bar codes is a fast and accurate means of capturing data while keyboard entry tends to be slow and inaccurate.