Observe the following precautions to ensure that the printer provides you with the
years of trouble-free operation for which it is designed.
• Avoid using the printer in areas exposed to direct sunlight, and in areas subjected
to high humidity, electrostatic charge, sudden temperature changes, and
temperature extremes. Operating Temperature Range: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
• Never subject the printer to strong impact or shock.
• Never allow paper clips, pins, or other similar objects to get inside the printer
• Place the printer on a level surface when printing. A tilted surface can make normal
• Unclear printing can indicate a dirty print head. If printing becomes unclear, clean
the printer head referring to the "Caring for the Printer" explanation on page 24.
• Using the printer in a location where it is exposed to direct sunlight or other strong
light can cause malfunction of its photo sensor. Use the printer in a location where
it is not exposed to strong light.
– 8 –