SERVICE MANUAL LED TV MODEL No. 24E2000 It does not contain warnings or cautions to advise non-technical individuals of potential dangers in attempting to service a product. Products powered by electricity should be serviced or repaired only by experienced professional technicians. Any attempt to service or repair the product or products dealt with in this service information by anyone else could result in serious injury or death.
1. General Information 1-1. General Guidelines When servicing, observe the original lead dress. If a short circuit is found, replace all parts which have been overheated or damaged by the short circuit. After servicing, see to it that all the protective devices such as insulation barriers, insulation papers shields are properly installed.
Safety Component Components identified by mark have special characteristics important for safety. 1-2-6 Safety Check after Repair Confirm that the screws, parts and wiring which were removed in order to service are put in the original positions, or whether there are the positions which are deteriorated around the serviced places serviced or not. Check the insulation between the antenna terminal or external metal and the AC cord plug blades.
Electrostatically Sensitive (ES) Devices Some semiconductor (solid-state) devices can be damaged easily by static electricity. Such components commonly are called Electrostatically Sensitive (ES) Devices. Examples of typical ES devices are integrated circuits and some field-effect transistors and semiconductor "chip" components. The following techniques should be used to help reduce the incidence of component damage caused by static by static electricity.
1-2-8. Photo used in this manual The illustration and photos used in this Manual may not base on the final design of products, which may differ from your products in some way. 1-3. How to Read this Service Manual Icons: Icons are used to attract the attention of the reader to specific information.
Specifications Model 24E2000 Screen Size 23.6 inch Aspect Ratio 16:9 Resolution 1360x 768 Response Time (ms) 14ms Angle of View H:178° V: 178° Color Display 16.7 M English/Spanish/ France OSD Language NTSC-M / ATSC Video/Audio System Dimensions with Stand (W x H x 28.78”x18.89”x6.69”...
3. Location of Controls and Components 3-1 Component Location 3-2 Main Board Component Keypad Backlight wire Panel T-con Board IR board wire Key pad board wire LVDS cable Main board IR board Speaker...
3-2-1 Function Description Process signal which incept from exterior equipment then translate into signal that panel can display. 3-2-2 Connector Definition To IR LED & Key pad (CN6) Pin No. Signal Name Description Ground Ground IR receiver LED-Blue LED-Red +5V DC Power Supply To Speaker (CN18) Pin No.
4. Disassembly Procedures Remove the screws securing the back cover. Red block with Torque: 4~4.5 kgf-cm. yellow block with Torque: 5~5.5 kgf-cm. Detach the back cover from the left side of the unit...
Remove all tapes on the cables 5. Disconnect the cables and remove them from the unit.
6. Remove the screws securing the main board, power board, side I/O cover and bottom I/O cover, then remove them from the unit. Torque: 3.8±0.3 kgf-cm.
Installation Instructions 6-1 Power Connection Plug the adapter into a working power outlet. Note Insert the adapter into a standard polarized AC outlet. Never connect the adapter to a voltage other than specified. If you cause a static discharge when touching the unit and the unit fails to function, simply unplug the unit from the adapter outlet and plug it back in.
6-2 External Equipment Connections Your TV can be used to display output from most devices. Verify that your device has a video port that matches an available port on the TV (HDMI, Component, etc) Turn the TV and your device off. Connect the appropriate cable (not included) to the TV and the device.
Service Manual Connecting AV Equipment COMPONENT OUT...
Service Manual Note The component and composite audio and Y jack are shared. You can only connect one component or composite device at a time. When connecting a composite video source, connect the yellow video wire to the Y (green) jack. Connecting A Digital Audio Device and Headphones Note Turn off the TV set and external devices before making connections...
Cable Sample Note: The cables are not included in the package...
9-2 Factory Mode Press MENU, then 8893 on the remote control to open the Factory Setting menu. Press to highlight a setting, then press OK to enter the setting. Use the and OK buttons to adjust or view the settings. Press MENU to return to the previous menu or press EXIT to close the factory menu.
9-3 Software Update Insert the USB device containing the software update file to the USB port on the back of the TV. Press MENU, then 8893 on the remote control to open the Factory Setting menu. Press to select Software Update (USB), then press OK. Software updating will start and the progress bar will be displayed.
10. Troubleshooting 10-1 Simple Check Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may save you time and money since charges for receiver installation and adjustments of customer controls are not covered under your warranty. Symptoms Items to Check and Actions to Follow No power •...
10-6 Main board not work Check if the power supply has +12V/+5VSB output. Verify if the DC/DC convertors have the right output (5V, 3.3VSTB, 1.2V, 1.8V). Verify if the Mainchip-MSD3393LU (For North America, Mainchip- MSD3393LU) DDR, AudioAMP…solder well. Verify if the FLASH (UF1) has the right software and work well. Verify if the Y1(Crystal) has the right frequency.
Sincere Forever Haier Group Haier Industrial Park, No.1, Haier Road 266101, Qingdao, China http://www.haier.com Printed in China...