The product must only be used by professional operators with experience. These HUSQVARNA K 970 III, K 970 III Rescue and K Work is constantly in progress to increase your safety 970 SmartGuard power cutters are portable handheld and efficiency during operation.
19. Blade guard 28. Combination wrench ® 20. Muffler 29. Water connector, GARDENA 21. Fuel tank cap Product overview K 970 III Rescue 1. Operator's manual 15. Cutting equipment decal 2. Front handle 16. Flange, spindle, arbor bushing 3. Warning decal 17.
Product overview K 970 SmartGuard 1. Operator's manual 30. Starter housing 2. Air filter cover 31. Combination wrench ® 3. Warning decal 32. Water connector GARDENA 4. Decompression valve Symbols on the product 5. Front handle 6. Blade guard WARNING: This product can be 7.
XXXXXXXXX YYYY Use a fuel mixture of gasoline and oil. s / n YYYY WWXXXXX XXX XX XX-XX This product complies with applicable EU Husqvarna AB Directives. Huskvarna, SWEDEN Noise emission to the environment XXXXXXXXXXX complies with applicable EC Directives.
Rows 6–7: EU type approval or Chinese MEIN number • the product is incorrectly repaired. • the product is repaired with parts that are not from Euro V Emissions the manufacturer or not approved by the manufacturer. • the product has an accessory that is not from the WARNING: Tampering with the engine manufacturer or not approved by the manufacturer.
Work area safety continue to operate the product, the symptoms can increase or become permanent. If these or other WARNING: symptoms occur, get medical aid: Read the warning instructions that follow before you use the • Numbness, loss of feeling, tingling, pricking, product.
Dust can cause serious injury and permanent health generates sparks that can ignite clothing. problems. Silica dust is regulated as harmful by HUSQVARNA recommends that you wear flame- several authorities. These are examples of such retardant cotton or heavy denim. Do not wear...
move back to their initial positions. This function locks 3. Make sure that the throttle trigger and throttle trigger the throttle trigger at idle speed. lockout move freely and that the return springs operate correctly. 4. Start the product and apply full throttle. To do a check of the throttle trigger lockout 5.
of the blade or cut material are thrown in the direction of 2. Make sure that the SmartGuard moves freely without the operator. much play and retracts by spring force. 3. Clean or replace the SmartGuard if it does not The SmartGuard is spring loaded and must always retract immediately when pushed in, or is damaged.
Fuel on your skin can cause injury. If you get fuel on servicing. your skin, use soap and water to remove the fuel. • Let an approved HUSQVARNA service agent do • If you spill fuel on your clothing, change clothing servicing on the product regularly.
striking an unintended object. Do not use a Note: Many cutting blades that can be attached to this damaged cutting blade. After inspecting and product are made for stationary saws. The rated speed installing the cutting blade, position yourself value of those cutting blades is too low for this product. and bystanders away from the plane of the rotating cutting blade and run the power tool at maximum no load speed for one minute.
• Diamond blades are used for masonry, reinforced Blade type Material concrete and stone. Concrete Concrete, asphalt, stone masonry, • Make sure that the diamond blade rotates in the blade cast iron, aluminum, copper, brass, direction of the arrows shown on the diamond blade. cables, rubber and plastic.
4. Make sure that the flange washers move freely on forces, safety professionals (fire departments), the spindle shaft. Husqvarna is aware that they may use this power cutter with carbide tipped blades in certain emergency situations due to the ability of carbide tipped blades to...
3. Put the cutting blade on the arbor bushing (A) on the cutting blade. between the inner flange washer (B) and the flange • Use only HUSQVARNA arbor bushings. washer (C). Turn the flange washer until it holds on to the shaft. To examine the direction of rotation of the cutting blade 1.
5. Tighten the cutting blade bolt to 25 Nm/18.5 ft-lb. 3. Remove the 2 screws from the adjustment handle for the blade guard. To reverse the cutting head (K 970 III, K 970 III Rescue) 4. Remove the adjustment handle for the blade guard...
8. Install the drive belt on the opposite side. 9. Install the cutting head and the drive belt cover, refer To replace the drive belt on page 27 . 10. Install the spray nozzle and the cutting blade in the opposite sequence to how they were removed.
the kickback zone. Use the lower quadrant of the blade the end of the pipe will move downward, the cut will to avoid climbing kickback. open and no pinching will occur. Secure the pipe so it does not move or roll during cutting.
• Divide the pipe into 5 sections. Do a mark of those • sections and of a cutting line. Cut a shallow guide groove around the pipe. • Make the final separating cut from the top of the pipe pulling backwards, without involving the upper quadrant of the blade.
• Always support the work of piece so that the cut can cutting blade has stopped before the product is keep open when cutting through. When the cut is moved or put down. If it is necessary to stop the open there is no kickback.
equipment must always be installed when the • Feed the product down in line with the blade. product is on. Pressure from the side can cause damage to the blade and is very dangerous. • Do not use the kickback zone of the blade for Kickback zone on page 17 for cutting.
1. Fill half the quantity of gasoline in a clean container • If HUSQVARNA two-stroke oil is not available, use a for fuel. two-stroke oil of good quality for air-cooled engines. Speak to your servicing dealer to select the correct 2.
To fill fuel 2. Make sure that the STOP switch is in the left position. CAUTION: Do not use gasoline with an octane number less than 90 RON (87 AKI). It causes damage to the product. CAUTION: Do not use gasoline with more than 10% ethanol concentration (E10).
7. Pull the starter rope slowly with your right hand until 9. Push the throttle trigger to disengage the start you feel a resistance as the starter pawls engage. throttle and set the product at idle speed. Then pull continuously and quickly. To start the product with a warm engine CAUTION: Do not pull the starter...
3. Pull the choke control fully to get the start throttle CAUTION: Do not pull the starter position. rope fully and do not let go of the starter rope handle when the starter rope is extended. This can cause damage to the product.
Maintenance Introduction service agent, speak to them for information about the nearest service agent. WARNING: For spare parts, speak to your HUSQVARNA dealer or Read and understand the service agent. safety chapter before you do maintenance on the product. Maintenance schedule...
2. Make sure that the spark plug cap and ignition cable are not damaged. Note: This step only applies to K 970 III 400mm/ 16in.. 2. Loosen the 3 nuts on the cutting head (B) and turn the belt tensioner (C) to the position "0".
To replace a damaged starter rope 1. Pull out the starter rope approximately 30 cm (A). Note: This step only applies to K 970 III 400mm/ 16in.. 2. Loosen the 3 nuts (B). 3. Move the blade guard (C) up and down 3–5 times.
5. Let the starter pulley rotate slowly and the starter 10. Remove the starter rope. rope wind up on the metal sleeve. 6. Pull the starter rope to release it from the metal sleeve. 11. Make sure that the recoil spring is clean and not damaged.
1. Examine the air filter. Refer to filter on page 31 2. If it is necessary, replace the air filter. 3. If the engine continues to decrease in power or speed, speak to your HUSQVARNA servicing dealer. 1429 - 002 - 04.05.2021...
To examine the fuel system CAUTION: Be careful when you remove the air filter. Particles that fall into 1. Make sure that the fuel tank cap and its seal are not the carburetor inlet can cause damage. damaged. 2. Examine the fuel hose. Replace the fuel hose if it is WARNING: damaged.
a) Loosen the screw (A) and remove the air filter 2. Clean as necessary. (B). 3. Examine the filter on the water connector. Make sure that it is not clogged. 4. Clean as necessary. 5. Examine the hoses and make sure that they are not damaged.
• When the product is no longer in use, send it to a • Examine all new and used blades for transport and HUSQVARNA dealer or discard it at a recycling storage damage before assembly. location. • Clean and maintain the product before storage.
Technical data Technical data K 970 III, K 970 III Res- K 970 SmartGuard Cylinder displacement, cm /cu.in. 93.6/5.7 93.6/5.7 Cylinder bore, mm/in. 56 /2.2 56 /2.2 Travel length, mm/in. 38/1.5 38/1.5 Idle speed, rpm 2700 2700 Fully opened throttle, no load, rpm...
+46-36-146500, declare on our sole responsibility that the product: Description Portable cut-off machine Brand HUSQVARNA Type/Model K 970 III, K 970 III Rescue, K 970 SmartGuard Identification Serial numbers dating from 2021 and onwards complies fully with the following EU directives and regulations: Directive/Regulation Description 2006/42/EC "relating to machinery"...
+46-36-146500, declare on our sole responsibility that the product: Description Portable cut-off machine Brand HUSQVARNA Type/Model K 970 III, K 970 III Rescue, K 970 SmartGuard Identification Serial numbers dating from 2021 and onwards complies fully with the following UK directives and regulations: Regulation Description S.I.