3D Active Glasses
The 3D glasses enable you to view 3D images. To view 3D images, you need
both a pair of 3D glasses and a Samsung 3D TV. SSG-3100GB allows you to
connect devices via the 2.4GHz RF band.
✎ The Samsung 3D glasses cannot connect to a non-Samsung wireless
✎ The Samsung 3D glasses can only connect to a Samsung 3D TV released
3D Active glasses
Performing 3D Active Glasses pairing
✎ What is Pairing? Pairing is a process of connecting 3D glasses and a 3D
TV and exchanging data between the two devices.
✎ Ensure your Samsung TV and 3D glasses are no farther than 50 cm apart
from each another while pairing is in progress.
Turning the glasses on
Press the power button briefly.
The green LED is turned on for 3
Turning the glasses off
Press the power button briefly.
The red LED is turned on for 3
Performing the pairing
The green and red LEDs will blink
for 2 seconds if paring is under
✎ The working distance depends on obstacles (a person, metal, walls, etc.) or
✎ Turn off the 3D glasses while they are not in use. If you leave the 3D glasses
on, the battery lifespan decreases.
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Press the power button on the 3D glasses shortly. The 3D glasses will power
on and pairing will start.
3. The message "3D glasses are connected to TV." will be displayed on the TV
screen when the pairing is successfully completed.
¾ If the pairing failed, the 3D glasses will power off.
¾ If the first attempt to pair fails, power the monitor off and on again and perform
¾ How to pair again: Press the power button on the 3D glasses for more than 2
<Pairing is needed again in the following occasions>
– The 3D glasses do not function even when the power button is pressed on
the 3D TV after repair.
– You want to view a 3D video on a new Samsung 3D TV released in 2011.
Liquid crystal shutter
Recommended pairing distance
Recommended viewing distance
2~6m (6 to 19.5 ft)
50 cm or less (19.5 in)
Replacing the Batteries
Red LED blinks every two seconds continually, replace the batteries with new
• When viewing a 3D video under a fluorescent lamp (50 Hz – 60 Hz)
or 3-wavelength lamp, you may notice a small amount of screen
※ If this occurs, dim or turn off the light.
• Switching the input mode while watching a 3D movie may disable the
3D function on the TV. As a result, the 3D glasses may not function
and the movie may not be displayed properly.
• If the 3D glasses move outside of the working distance, the signal
from the TV will be disconnected and the display of the 3D glasses
will turn off after several seconds. The 3D glasses will power off 30
seconds after the display turns off. When this happens, the red LED
will turn on for 3 seconds.
※ Under some circumstances, the 3D glasses may malfunction due to
interference from other devices.
• Ensure you are within the working distance when you view a 3D
※ The images may not be viewable in 3D if you move outside of the
working distance for 3 seconds.
• If you lie on your side while watching TV with 3D active glasses, the
picture may appear dark or may not be visible.
• The 3D glasses may not work properly due to interference from
other 3D products or electronic devices that operate on the 2.4GHz
frequency such as a microwave oven or AP near the glasses or TV. If
the 3D function malfunctions due to interference, please make sure
that other electronic or wireless communication devices are as far
away from the glasses and the TV as possible.
• The 3D effect may be experienced differently depending on the
viewer. You may not notice the 3D effect at all if your eyes have very
• If a part of the 3D glasses or lenses is defective or damaged, it
cannot be repaired and should be exchanged. If the glasses are
no longer working within the warranty period, the glasses can be
repaired for free. If the glasses have been damaged due to the fault
of the customer or the warranty period has expired, a new pair of
glasses will have to be purchased.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 3D IMAGES. READ
THE FOLLOWING CAUTIONS BEFORE YOU OR YOUR CHILD USE THE 3D
• Adults should frequently check on children who are using the 3D
function. If there are any complaints of tired eyes, headaches, dizziness
or nausea, stop the child from viewing the 3D TV and ensure that they
• Do not use the 3D glasses for other purposes such as general wear,
sunglasses, protective goggles, etc.
• Some viewers may experience discomfort such as dizziness, nausea
and headaches while viewing 3D TV. If you experience any of these
symptoms, stop viewing the 3D TV, remove the 3D glasses and rest for
• Watching 3D pictures for an extended period of time may cause eye
strain. If you experience any eye strain, stop viewing the 3D TV, remove
the 3D glasses and rest for awhile.
• Do not use the 3D function or 3D glasses while walking or moving
around. Using the 3D function or 3D Active Glasses while moving around
may result in injury from running into objects, tripping, and/or falling.
2011-03-11 오전 11:05:33