TE03-152 Rev. A
Perfection 610, 640, 1200U, 1240, 1250, 1260, 1640, 1650, 1660, 2450
EPSON Scan TWAIN version 1.25A for OS 10.2.X
The purpose of this bulletin is to announce the newly released Epson Scan TWAIN driver and
Epson Scan Utility version 1.25A for Macintosh OS 10.2.X.
1. This driver does not support color restoration and dust removal.
Twain driver Help file includes information on these two features but they are not supported on
2. The driver does not support a SCSI connection.
3. If you have a Perfection 1670, 3170 or 3200 scanner already installed on your computer,
and you then install Epson Scan Twain driver 1.25A, the Epson Scan driver for these 3 models
will encounter two issues: (a) Epson Scan utility will not launch and (b) the Start button no
longer functions. To fix these two issues you will need to install a patch. Please see bulletin
PSB.2003.10.001 for more information about this patch.
To Install Epson Scan 1.25A:
1. Launch the EPSON Scan Installer and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: The installer
will remove the previous version (1.0) of Epson Scan during the installation.
2. Connect the scanner to the computer using a USB or Firewire cable (an Epson Firewire I/F
board is required).
To Uninstall Epson Scan 1.25A:
1. Disconnect the USB or Firewire cable from the scanner.
2. Launch the EPSON Scan Installer.
3. In the drop down menu box where you see "Easy Install" select "Uninstall".
4. Click the Uninstall button.
1 of 1
Total Pages: 1
The Epson Scan