To get up and running with your To get up and running with your EPSON Stylus EPSON Stylus Set up the printer Set up the printer Install the software Install the software Print an image Print an image CPD 8883-R1 ®...
1 Unpack the Printer Remove all the tape and packing material, as described on the unpacking sheet in the printer box. Make sure you’ve got a cable to connect the printer to your computer, plus all these items: paper support...
This may disrupt the power, which can erase the printer’s memory or damage its power supply. Lower the printer’s output tray, then open the cover. Press the power button to turn on the printer. The power light flashes, the black and lights come on, and the ink cartridge holders move left to the installation position.
5 Load Paper Load a stack of plain paper or special ink jet paper. A sample pack of EPSON ink jet papers came with your printer. Smaller size papers, such as 4 x 6-inch Photo Paper, have specific loading instructions; see your Printer Basics book for instructions.
CD-ROM attached to the front of this card. It includes printer software (also called a printer driver), the electronic EPSON Stylus COLOR 660 Reference Guide, and bonus software applications. You must install the printer driver for the printer to work correctly.
Notice: Other product names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. EPSON disclaims any and all rights in those marks. Copyright © 1999 by Epson America, Inc. Printed on recycled paper with at least 10% post-consumer content.
To get up and running with your To get up and running with your EPSON Stylus EPSON Stylus Set up the printer Set up the printer Install the software Install the software Print an image Print an image ® COLOR 660, you need to: ®...
To set up your EPSON Stylus this booklet. When you’re finished setting up the printer, you can use the EPSON Guided Printing Exercise to print a full color image! Set Up the Printer 1 Unpack the Printer Remove all the tape and packing material, as described on the unpacking sheet in the printer box.
2 Attach the Paper Support Insert the paper support in the slots at the back of the printer’s sheet feeder. 3 Install the Ink Cartridges You must install both ink cartridges and leave them installed or the printer won’t work.
3. Press the Ppower button to turn on the printer. The Ppower light flashes, the B black and A color ink out lights come on, and the ink cartridge holders move left to the installation position. Always use the never use an external switch, such as a power strip switch.
6. Place the ink cartridges in their holders with the blue labels facing up and toward the back of the printer. Then press down the clamps until they lock into place. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
4 Load Paper Load a stack of plain paper or special ink jet paper. A sample pack of EPSON ink jet papers came with your printer. Smaller size papers, such as 4 x 6-inch Photo Paper, have specific loading instructions; see your Printer Basics book for instructions.
3. Connect the USB first tier USB hub port. If you’re using a USB hub, connect the printer to the first tier of the hub or the printer may malfunction. If your printer doesn’t work there, connect it directly to a USB port on your computer.
1 Installing the Windows 98 USB Printer Software Follow the steps below to install the USB Printer Device software and your EPSON Stylus COLOR 660 printer driver. 1. Make sure your printer and computer are connected and turned off.
Browse for Folder window. The correct location lick \Browser\Drivers\WIN9X Next Click Specify a location, click Browse, locate your CD-ROM drive, then locate the \Browser\Drivers\WIN9X directory. This example uses D as the CD-ROM drive; substitute your CD-ROM drive letter for D. EPSON USB/Parallel Printer...
7. The installer copies the USB printer files to your system. At the final screen, click Finish 8. Windows 98 then detects your printer and displays the following screen. Click to install your printer driver. Next 9. At the next screen, select...
10. Select Specify a location CD-ROM drive and the Specify a location box. Click 11. Follow the on-screen instructions to install your printer driver. At the last screen, click Finish 12. Restart your system. 13. Now you can install the rest of the software on your CD-ROM. See “Installing Your Creative Software and Electronic Manual”...
, and click Settings double-click and click the System tab. You should see EPSON USB Manager Printer Devices listed. Click the device name; you should see Printer Adapter (EPUSB1:) close the Device Manager; then close any other open windows. (If you need to uninstall the printer software, see your Printer Basics book.)
7. To install the EPSON Guided Printing Exercise or a creative software program, click Install Creative Software programs you want. Then return to the Main Menu. 8. To view your electronic Reference Guide or copy it to your hard drive, click Electronic Documentation 9.