Unpacking and setting up your printer Installing your Windows Viewing your on-screen Epson Stylus Color 1520 User’s Guide It also contains support information, the FCC Compliance Statement and Epson’s Limited Warranty and Software License Agreement. Unpack the Printer Remove all packing material from the printer. Save all the packaging so you can use it if you need to transport the printer later.
Attach the Paper Support and Output Tray 1. Place the hole in the right side of the paper support on the printer’s right post. Then slightly lift the left side of the paper support and push the notch down over the printer’s left post.
2. Press the two notches at the back of the output tray onto the metal posts on the printer. Post 3. Flip down the legs on the underside of the output tray so it sits up on the paper support.
Quick Setup Install the Ink Cartridges Warning: If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets in your eyes, flush them immediately with water. 1. Open the cover. The Cover Open 2. Open the ink cartridge packages. Remove the disposable yellow portion of the tape seal on top.
Don’t turn off the printer when the Pause light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for 10 minutes. Load Paper To test the printer operation, load about 10 sheets of letter-size plain paper in the built-in sheet feeder as described here. Note: For instructions on loading other types of paper or using the other paper feeders, see your on-screen User’s Guide.
Quick Setup 1. Make sure the paper release lever is set to the single sheet position (the m single sheet icon appears beneath the lever handle. 2. Lock the output tray in an upright position on the two upper posts. 3.
3. After the second page prints, press the button to eject any paper remaining in the sheet feeder. Load/Eject Caution: Never turn off the printer while it’s printing test pages. Always press the Pause button and eject any loaded paper first. light turns off. Operate button, turn the printer on.
Quick Setup Connect the Printer to Your Computer You can connect your Epson Stylus Color 1520 printer to either an IBM ® or an Apple Macintosh. You’ll need a shielded parallel cable to connect directly to a PC or an Apple System Peripheral-8 serial cable to connect directly to a Macintosh. If your Macintosh doesn’t have a serial port, you’ll need the USB Adapter Kit (part number...
3. Connect the other end of the cable to either the on your Macintosh. Install the Printer Software Now you need to install the printer software so you can control printing from your computer. See the section below for your operating system. Installing the Windows Software 1.
Quick Setup 3. Insert your Epson CD-ROM in your drive. You see the Epson Installation Program window: Note: If you don’t see this window, double-click My Computer, then double-click the Epson CD-ROM icon. Finally, double-click the SETUP.EXE icon. 4. Double-click Install Printer Software 5.
10. When you’re finished, close your browser. Then click the Installation Program window to exit the installation program. 11. Restart your computer. Now you’re ready to print. See your on-screen Epson Stylus Color 1520 User’s Guide. Installing the Macintosh Software Note: The Stylus Color 1520 printer software does not support Macintosh OS X.
Installation Program window to exit the installation program. 10. Restart your Macintosh. Follow the steps in the next section to select your printer in the Chooser. Selecting Your Printer in the Chooser After you install the software, you need to select your printer in the Chooser.
The User’s Guide also includes system requirements, specifications, and information about how to contact Epson support or order supplies and accessories. You can also access Epson’s convenient online help from the printer software to get quick information while you’re printing.
Quick Setup Where To Get Help Epson provides technical assistance 24 hours a day through the electronic support services and automated telephone services listed below. Service World Wide Web Automated Telephone Services To speak to a technical support representative, dial: U.S.: (562) 276-7245, 6...
FCC Compliance Statement For United States Users This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
Epson, e.g., dealer or user-added boards or components. Epson is not responsible for warranty service should the Epson label or logo or the rating label or serial number be removed or should the product fail to be properly maintained or fail to function...
YOU NEED TO REVIEW AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. 1. Grant of License Epson grants you a limited, nonexclusive license to install and use the Software in a single location on a hard disk or other storage device, provided that the Software is used only in connection with Epson Hardware owned by you.
Hardware. The term “Software” shall also include any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the Software licensed to you by Epson or its suppliers. The primary user of the computer on which the Software is installed or used may also install the Software on one home or portable computer, provided the home or portable computer is also for use only by the same user.
(30) days, whichever is longer. If the above remedy fails for any reason, Epson’s entire liability for a breach of warranty shall be limited to a refund of the price paid for the Epson Hardware. Epson is not liable for performance delays or for nonperformance due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
This Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized representative of Epson. Without prejudice to any other rights Epson has, this Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by You to comply with its terms.