Download Print this page

Important Safety Instructions - Honeywell HF71X Series Owner's Manual

Turbo force power oscillating air circulator
Hide thumbs



When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk
of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
FOR US MODELS ONLY - This product employs overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse indicates an
overload or short-circuit situation. If the fuse blows, unplug the product from the outlet. Replace the fuse as
per the user servicing instructions (follow product marking for proper fuse rating) and recheck the product. If
the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded or returned to
an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
Use this fan only as described in this manual.
Other use not recommended as it may cause
fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
This product is intended for household use 
ONLY and not for commercial, industrial or
outdoor use.
To protect against electric shock, DO NOT
place fan in window, DO NOT immerse unit,
plug, or cord in water, and DO NOT spray unit
with liquids.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
electric shock, this plug is intended to fit only
one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does
not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it
still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
Turn the fan to the OFF position and unplug
the fan from the outlet when not in use, when
moving the fan from one location to another,
and before cleaning.
To disconnect the fan, first turn the unit OFF,
grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet.
NEVER pull the plug by the cord.
DO NOT operate the fan in the presence
of explosive and/or flammable fumes.
DO NOT place the fan or any parts near
an open flame, cooking, or other heating
10. DO NOT use any product with a damaged cord
or plug, any product that malfunctions, or any
product that has been dropped or damaged in
any manner (see warranty).
11. Avoid contact with moving fan parts.
12. The use of attachments not recommended by
the manufacturer may be hazardous.
13. Place the fan on a dry, level surface.
14. DO NOT hang or mount fan on a wall
or ceiling.
15. DO NOT operate if the fan housing
is removed or damaged.
16. A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle)
and plug may cause overheating and a
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified
electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
17. DO NOT operate any fan with a damaged cord
or plug. Discard fan or return to an authorized
service facility for examination and/or repair.
18. DO NOT cover cord with throw rugs, runners,
or similar coverings. DO NOT route cord under
furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away
from traffic areas and where it will not be a
tripping hazard. DO NOT use an extension cord
or power strip with this fan.
WARNING for HF715: Chemical Burn
Hazard. Keep batteries away from children.
This product contains a lithium button/coin
cell battery. If a new or used lithium button/
coin cell battery is swallowed or enters the
body, it can cause severe internal burns and
can lead to death in as little as 2 hours. Always
completely secure the battery compartment.
If the battery compartment does not close
securely, stop using the product, remove the
batteries, and keep it away from children. If
you think batteries might have been swallowed
or placed inside any part of the body, seek
immediate medical attention. The cells shall be
disposed of properly, including keeping them
away from children; and even used cells may
cause injury.



  Related Manuals for Honeywell HF71X Series

This manual is also suitable for:

Hpf870 series