AC Power Adaptor
Manual de instrucciones
© 2005 Sony Corporation
Printed in China
Before operating the unit, please read this manual
thoroughly and retain it for future reference.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
To reduce the risk of fire, do not cover the
ventilation of the apparatus with news papers,
tablecloths, curtains, etc. And don't place lighted
candles on the apparatus.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock,
do not place objects filled with liquids, such as
vases, on the apparatus.
To avoid electrical shock, do not open the cabinet.
Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
Do not install the appliance in a confined space, such as
a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
You are cautioned that any changes or modification
not expressly approved in this manual could void
your authority to operate this equipment.
NOTICE FOR THE CUSTOMERS IN
This symbol is intended to alert the user
to the presence of uninsulated
"dangerous voltage" within the product's
enclosure that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric
shock to persons.
This symbol is intended to alert the user
to the presence of important operating
and maintenance (servicing) instructions
in the literature accompanying the
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1)this device may not cause harmful interference,
and (2)this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause
The nameplate indicating operating voltage, power
consumption, etc., is located on the side exterior.
• Before operating the system, be sure that the
operating voltage of the system is identical with
that of your local power supply.
120 V AC , 60 Hz
100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
• The unit is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the
wall outlet, even if the unit itself has been turned
• Unplug the system from the wall outlet if it is not
to be used for an extended period of time. To
disconnect the cord, pull the cord by grasping the
plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• Should any liquid or solid object fall into the
system, unplug the system's power cord and have
the system checked by qualified personnel before
operating it any further.
Do not place the AC power adaptor in a location
where it is:
• Subject to extreme high temperature
(E.g., in a car with its windows closed)
• Subject to direct sunlight or near a heat source
• Subject to mechanical vibration or shock
• Subject to a magnetic field
(E.g., near a magnet, speaker, or TV)
• Subject to excessive dust.
• Make sure the current and voltage of the
equipment matches that of the outlet.
• For safety, if the input current is too high, the unit
will automatically shut down.
• Do not connect this unit to a radio or equipment
with a radio tuner as it may cause noise.
• To prevent damage, be careful not to drop or
otherwise cause a mechanical shock to the unit.
• After using, disconnect the unit from the wall
outlet and the equipment.
• Disconnect the unit from the AC outlet by pulling
on the plug. Do not pull on the cord.
• To avoid short-circuiting, do not allow the
terminals of the unit or connector to touch any
• Clean the unit with a soft, dry cloth. If the unit is
very dirty, wipe it off with a soft cloth lightly
moistened with a mild detergent solution, and then
wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Do not use any type of solvent such as alcohol,
thinner, or benzine as it may damage the finish of
• If you use any chemical cleaner, observe the
instructions provided with the product.
• If the cabinet of the unit is splashed with any type
of solvent such as insecticide, or remains in
contact for a long time with rubber or vinyl, the
finish of the cabinet may be damaged.
How to Use
Connect the USB charging AC power
adaptor to the device (Network
Walkman*, etc.) using the USB cable
supplied with the device.
* "WALKMAN" is a registered trademark of Sony
Corporation to represent Headphone Stereo products.
Plug the USB charging AC power
adaptor into an AC outlet.
USB cable supplied with the
device to connect to unit
Set the device to recharge.
It may not be necessary to set the device to
recharge. (See device's instruction manual.)
• Plug the USB charging AC power adaptor into a
nearby AC output. In the case of a problem, unplug
from the AC outlet immediately.
• Do not place the device on a bookshelf or in a
confined place such as a cabinet.
• Do not use the device in a place subject to liquid or
moisture to avoid fire or electric shock. Furthermore,
do not place liquid-filled vessels, such as a vase, etc.,
on the device.
• Use in ambient temperature between 5-35 °C
• Performance is not guaranteed in case of using an
USB hub or USB extension cable. Follow the
connection method designated by the connected
device (Network Walkman, etc.).
Using your AC power
You can use your AC power adaptor in any country
or area that uses 100 V to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, by
connecting a plug adaptor. If the country you visit
employs a different shaped socket, use the correct
Please consult your nearest travel bureau for the type
of the plug adaptor needed in your travels.
100 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Rated output voltage DC 5.0 V
Rated output current 500 mA
Approx. 55 × 73 × 22 mm
(Projecting parts not included)
Approx. 60 g (2.12 oz)
Design and specifications are subject to change