2. SPECIFICATIONS 13-character × 6-line display; 10-digit mantissa and 9-digit mantissa and 2- Display system: digit exponent when using exponential format for calculations; displays sexagesimal, fraction values Power supply: Main: Two AAA-size batteries (LR03 (AM4) or R03 (UM-4)) Back-up: One CR2032 lithium battery Power consumption: 0.05 W Battery life*:...
3. REPLACING BATTERIES • To replace the main power supply batteries 1 Press to turn the calculator off. SHIFT 2 Push the battery compartment cover on the back of the calculator in the direction noted in the illustration and remove it. 3 Remove the two old batteries.
• To replace the memory back up battery 1 Press to turn the calculator off. SHIFT 2 Push the battery compartment cover on the back of the calculator in the direction noted in the illustration and remove it. 3 Remove screw D on the back of the calculator, and remove the back up battery holder.
4. RESET OPERATION Warning! The procedure described here clears all memory contents. Never perform this operation unless you want to totally clear the memory of the calculator. If you need the data currently stored in memory, be sure to write it down somewhere before performing the RESET operation. •...
Resetting the calculator initializes it to the following settings. Initial Setting Item Icon Angle Unit Exponent Display Range Norm 1 Fraction Reduction Automatic Display Mixed Fraction Graph Type Rectangular coordinate (Y=) Statistical Graph Automatic Variable Memory Clear Answer Memory (Ans) Clear Graphic Display/Text Display Clear...
5. ERROR MESSAGE Message Meaning Countermeasure 1 Calculation formula contains an error. 1Use Syn ERROR to display the point where the error was generated and correct it. 2 Formula in a program contains an 2Use to display the point error. where the error was generated and then correct the program.
Meaning Message Countermeasure Mem ERROR 1 Not enough memory to hold function input in the Graph Mode for graph • Keep the number of variables you use drawing. for the operation within the number of 2 Not enough memory to hold function variables currently available.
7. EXPLODED VIEW DISASSEMBLY 1. Peel the display plate C from the upper case, then loosen the two screws 2. Remove the battery cover J, then loosen the screw D, then remove the battery holder K. 3. Remove the lithium battery and the two bat- teries 4.