Performance Series Cameras
HB30XD2 TDN 1080p IR Bullet Camera
Quick Installation Guide
Document 800-23316 - Rev C - 08/2017
Thank you for purchasing a Honeywell Performance
Series HQA HB30XD2 camera. Follow the instructions
in this guide to install and log in to your camera.
Warnings and Cautions
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
RISK OF ELECTRIC
CONSTITUTING A RISK OF
ELECTRIC SHOCK IS PRESENT
DO NOT OPEN
WITHIN THE UNIT.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER.
IMPORTANT OPERATING AND
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE
ACCOMPANY THIS UNIT.
This device is configured for 12 VDC operation. Do not to connect to a higher
voltage. Use only with NRTL-approved Class 2 power supplies.
IR emitted from this product. Do not view directly with optical instruments. Do not
stare directly into the lamp at a distance of less than 3.3 ft (1 m).
Invisible LED radiation (850 nm). Avoid exposure to beam.
• Read and keep these instructions.
• Confirm the installation surface can support at least three times the weight of the camera.
• Do not apply power to the camera before completing installation.
• Do not aim the camera toward a bright light source for extended periods to prevent damage to the
imager. Avoid operating the unit under or close to unstable light sources (may cause flickering), or
close to fluorescent lamps or objects reflecting light.
• Do not touch the camera lens.
• Do not drop the camera or subject it to physical shock.
• Do not use a strong or abrasive detergent when cleaning the camera.
• Avoid operating or storing the unit in extremely humid, dusty, hot/cold environments, where the
operating temperature is outside the recommended range of -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C).
Before You Begin
Before you begin, check that you have received all of the parts listed below. If any parts are missing or
damaged, contact your dealer immediately.
• Self-tapping screws (×4)
• Mounting template
• Plastic anchors (×4)
Installation and servicing should be performed only by qualified and experienced
technicians to conform to all local codes and to maintain your warranty.
Preparing the Mounting Surface
1. Apply the mounting template to the mounting surface.
Observe the orientation of the cable exit notch on the bracket base. In outdoor installations
the notch should point downward to prevent water from entering the camera housing.
2. Using the mounting template as a guide, drill three pilot holes in the mounting surface, then
hammer the supplied anchors into the holes.
3. Drill a cable entry hole in the mounting surface, then pull the required cables through the hole.
• Power pigtail